2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 292016

Silverado 1500

The issue(s) that I am experiencing all appear to be with the trucks 8 speed transmission. The first two occur during breaking and the third happens when accelerating from a ┐cold┐ start. A description of each of the three major issues are outlined below: 1)during initial breaking the truck will begin to slow down as intended and without warning it abruptly accelerates/slides forward (see breaking profiles). This typically happens between 10-20 mph. 2)during breaking just before coming to a stop I experience a hard jerk or shudder (see breaking profiles). 3)during a ┐cold┐ start, in the morning or after work, the transmission will sometimes slip and shift hard while pulling out of my driveway/parking lot. The issues are all intermittent.

- Milford, OH, USA

Apr 202016

Silverado 1500

I bought a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 ltz Z71 and it vibrates at idle and the transmission is slipping. I had already took it to the dealership to get it fix, but no luck. GM told me that is how the truck is designed to operate, which is hard to believe. There is absolutely zero help from GM to help me resolve the problem. I was given an option to trade it in for a new one at my own expenses or deal with the problem. Ford would not take my truck as a trade in nor will GMC. This vehicle can potentially by dangerous and a liability as the transmission seem to have a mind of its own and the constant vibration cannot possibly he good for anyone.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA