2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 222016

Silverado 1500

My truck shakes on the highway at 68-75 mph, the truck is one month old and has 800 miles on it. The vehicle has been back to the dealer every week for the month that I have owned it tires & wheels have been changed several times. The truck has been road force balanced the same & also by an independent tire shop at my own cost, as of this date my vehicle still shakes, GM has admitted the problem but they say it is not a safety issue at this time, so no recall is warranted, the dealer has been working with me & they are willing to buy my vehicle back at full value or trade, this vehicle was very expensive & GM knows there is a problem, but keeps selling them any way to unsuspecting consumers like myself in my opinion this is just greed & lack of caring for loyal customers that keep GM in business. "remember the bailout"

- Medway, MA, USA

Aug 122016

Silverado 1500

New truck purchased Aug 12, 2016 has a bad vibration and shaking at speeds of 60 mph and above. The dealer balanced the tires on Aug 20th but the vibration was still there on the way home. On Aug 21rst there was a loud popping in the rear end and a lot of vibration. I took it back to the dealer and they said a tire had to be replaced because of a broken belt. I received no service ticket or documentation for either of the repairs. When I called General Motors customer service line, the rep said that the dealer had no repair ticket listed for my truck. My wife and I feel the truck will not be safe or reliable.

- Corapeake, NC, USA

Jun 232016

Silverado 1500

The steel cables that hold the tail gate in the down position are different lengths. The left or driver side cable is the only cable that has tension on it in the down position. The full weight of the tail gate is only on one cable that could cause failure of the cable due to the weight and could cause the tail gate to torque and be damaged. The slack on the right or passenger side cable has about a 6 inch play in it. I contacted the dealer and GM. The dealership and GM stated that was the way the cables were engineered. I owned a 2002 GMC Sierra previously and both cables on the tail gate were the same length, which distributed weight evenly. I looked at other 2016 Silverado models and most had excessive slack on the right tail gate cable as mine, but some didn't. this problem could cause injury if weight is on the cable and could damage the tail gate itself.

- Willis, TX, USA

Feb 282016

Silverado 1500

I have what has been deemed "the Chevy shake". tires have been replaced and balanced. But at highway speeds 70 mph and above there is a very noticeable vibration in the truck. I just read a report describing this problem in the '14 & '15 models but GM hasn't fixed the problem yet in '16.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Apr 202016

Silverado 1500

I bought a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 ltz Z71 and it vibrates at idle and the transmission is slipping. I had already took it to the dealership to get it fix, but no luck. GM told me that is how the truck is designed to operate, which is hard to believe. There is absolutely zero help from GM to help me resolve the problem. I was given an option to trade it in for a new one at my own expenses or deal with the problem. Ford would not take my truck as a trade in nor will GMC. This vehicle can potentially by dangerous and a liability as the transmission seem to have a mind of its own and the constant vibration cannot possibly he good for anyone.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Feb 102016

Silverado 1500

Has the Chevy shakes between 38 and 70 mile per hour.5.3 V8 motor and 8 speed transmission 342 rear axel locking differential. Been selling GM's for 55 years and if this was a demenstrator we would never never sell another truck.

- Hagerstown, MD, USA