2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Dec 222014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

While slowing down and letting off the gas while making a turn the truck started speeding back up, braking did stop the truck and no revving occurred. After breaking to a complete stop and letting of the gas the truck would start moving forward as if the gas is being applied-speeding up gradually. Put the truck in reverse and same thing happened. Turned truck off and back on the problem did not persist.

- Williamsburg, KS, USA

Jul 012014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2005 Silverado 1500. The contact stated that when the fuel gauge displayed a quarter of a tank of fuel, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was a certified mechanic who discovered that the fuel tank was empty and used a fuel cleaner treatment. However, the failure recurred. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jul 302013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

The rear brake line burst while driving in a parking lot resulting in a loss of braking. The mechanic showed me where it broke and it appeared to be due to corrosion of the line. It also looked like the fuel line was showing similar corrosion.

- New Durham, NH, USA

Mar 012010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

Fuel evap system malfunctioning not allowing fuel system to vent thus making it almost impossible to refuel the vehicle.

- Vevay, IN, USA

Aug 272010

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I have 2005 Chevy 1500 ext cab and when I go to fill the gas the pump just stops on me. I tried holding it half way everything it just keeps stopping. I have heard of others with this problem with the same truck so I just wanted to let you know.

- Concord, NH, USA

Sep 012008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I had to replace the cannistor evaporation solenoid because of repeated check engine sensor. This cost me $330. The mechanic told me this is a retrofit part that Chevy has come up with which tells me that Chevy is fully aware of this very common problem with this truck. I know of 4 other people who have the same truck and the same problem. I want Chevy to reimburse me for this repair.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Dec 312008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I was driving to the store and when I looker at my speedometer I was doing 110mph and when I came to a stop it displayed 60mph that happened 12/31/08 at 70,000 miles. So far my problems with my 2005 Silverado at 20,000 miles I had the steering wheel clump fixed by packing it with grease now the problem is back, at 60,000 miles my fuel pump failed on a road trip after I started to fill hesitation like starving for gas- cost$ $700, at 65,000 miles the catalytic converter was plugged up the engine light came on and would blink and would hesitate really bad when you would punch it into passing gear. It didn't cost me anything because of the emission law 70,000 or 7yrs, and it just turned over 70,000. But I still love my truck and I always drive a Chevy. That fuel pump could be fixed easy if they would put a access door in the truck bed because GM fuel pumps are junk, same thing happened to my Chevy astro.

- Corona, CA, USA

Nov 042008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle began losing power. A mechanic stated that the fuel pump was possibly defective. The dealer and the manufacturer have not been notified. The cause of the failure has not been definitively diagnosed. The VIN was unknown. The current and failure mileages were 50,000.

- Du Bois, IL, USA

Oct 052008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 experiencing erratic fuel gauge readings. Vehicle has approx. 25K miles and has been acting erratically for about 2 weeks. Fuel gauge, fuel light, and text display seem to be in sync, so it may be that the problem is originating from the tank or the computer. Either way, it's nearly impossible to tell how much fuel I have at any given time...even after a fill-up. In fact, I just filled up yesterday and the gauge showed empty with the fuel light on by the time I got home. Once in the driveway, the gauge rose to half-full. This is a serious problem. Living in Alaska, knowing the vehicle's fuel status is critical, especially in winter when the safety of a warm vehicle may be the only protection from the elements.

- Eagle River, AK, USA

Apr 192008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

4/19/08 at 4:30 a.M. est. I was awakened by a loud explosion and went outside to find my 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 completely engulfed in flames.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 212006

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71. Canister evaporation vent solenoid defective, resulting in repeated check engine lights. I replaced this $175 and the garage owner sited numerous other vehicles owners having the same issues.

- Alto, MI, USA