2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

May 022016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle hesitated to drive properly. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be rebuilt and reprogrammed. The transmission was shipped to a third party where it was rebuilt. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred more violently causing the vehicle to roll back when the vehicle was shifted into drive. The contact stated that the check engine warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 155,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Laquey, MO, USA

Sep 232013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Stopped at a stop sign, and truck would not move so I backup then it went ahead. The first corner I went around heard a scrapping sound. Went to dealer truck had 16615 mi. On it, had 16615 miles on when I got it back, they said nothing wrong. Had same trouble 2 days later went back to dealer then they told me both rear seals were leaking that also ruined both rear brake cylinders. All was replaced they said was not covered on my warranty cost $191.20 rear wheel seals, $98.08 for rear wheel brake cylinders. GM was no help.

- Bogalusa, LA, USA

May 152015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I got this truck used at 94K miles on it. It was still in standard warranty. I got the oil changed started getting that clicking/knocking noise. I took it back to the shop that did the oil changed. They looked into and told me it was a common problem with Chevy engines is the valve lifters break and needs replaced along with the cams. If I drive too much a possibility to add shavings into the motor and tear it up. Quotes from 3 different friend recommend auto shops from all of them to get a new engine or get rid of the truck. I am still making payments on it. So can't do that. I did take it to the dealership and they refused to help me at all. I was out of the warranty period and good luck. That sucks! I did make a scene to them in front of customers. Since then I have done some research finding out this is very much a problem in all Chevy engines dating back to 06. The afm, excessive oil consumption. At one point Chevy did do a recall for a year in 07-08. For this problem. But not for any other years I can find. If they knew/know of this problem why not solve it? I have to fix this truck its my daily driver and work vehicle. Total hating Chevy right now and has always been my love! I am a single mom and I know have to come up with a new engine about 3,500 then add labor and supplies about 6K total. Not have and very stressed out.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Jan 172015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Well maintained vehicle with less that 78K miles and transmission failing. GM should be forced to step up and pay for the repairs. Vehicle is a lemon. Have replaced and fixed multiple other issues. 3 door lock actuators gone out...2 times fixed fuel system vapor canister...passenger window switch not working...

- Huntsville, TX, USA

Nov 012014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I have had this problem occasionally since I bought the truck new, but recently it started to do the same thing on a regular basis. Start the truck and it's fine, but go to shift into gear and the service engine, service traction control, and service ABS lights and messages come on the dash. Today, I pressed the brakes while driving it and heard a click when I did so, so I pulled over and checked and found that if I push my brake pedal very far, my brake lights went out. I just had my vehicle serviced and inspected at the GM dealership about 9 months/5,000 miles ago. Hopefully this truck doesn't get me or my wife into a fatal accident...

- Mineral Wells, WV, USA

Jun 072013

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Truck comes to scretching haltwith motor running but wont go, door locks and all gagues going up and down a 100 mile an hour. Sometimes everything dead and all of a sudden it comes back on. Air comes and goes. All lights flash. Those uprandom codes. No warning its going to happen. Radio will start playing very load cant shut off. When it does this it sometimes lunges forward aboit twenty feet and may run fine or do it again. Went to dealer truck stayed 2 months. Said they fixed. Few months later started again, next dealer said they couldnt find anything. Contacted GM on both incidents. Nothing happened.

- Woodward, OK, USA