2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 132016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My traction control light and ABS light came on and the messages to service both of these systems are in my information center. My brakes are now dragging the rotors due to this problem. This is a major safety concern and a recall needs to be implemented to correct this issue. This started while driving down the highway.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 152015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving approximately 15 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal, but the vehicle continued to accelerate. The contact stated that the throttle was also sticking and the engine indicator was illuminating. The vehicle stalled and would not restart for ten minutes. This was a recurring failure. The contact had to push the onstar button, which provided the codes of the failure. The failure codes stated that the pps throttle system was failing. The dealer stated that they could not locate a failure. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 83,918. The VIN was unknown.

- King George, MD, USA

Jun 112015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

While leaving our house to go to work the rear differential signal/ anti skid dashboard came on and the truck refused to go. It had not power. We had to replace the sensor. After that the stabilitrak and the anti skid and the ABS light keeps coming on taking away my anti lock brakes and making my car unsafe to drive. I also haul my horse so it is too dangerous to move my horse anywhere when this service light keeps coming on. It has not come on while hauling anything. It comes on randomly with absolutely no weight in or on the truck. This has happened 3 more times within the last month.

- Aguanga, CA, USA

Feb 232015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

In (always and only) very cold weather warning messages appear on the dashboard warning of traction control/ABS failure. On a snow covered road the rear axel sent power to the wheel with the least traction and the truck started sliding backwards. ABS brakes fail to work as anti-lock. This failure occurs whenever the temperature is below 25 degrees. The failure occurs at any speed and is preceded with difficulty shifting out of park. Note: I did a google search on this issue and found it has been occurring for several years across General Motors brand vehicles.

- Billerica , MA, USA

Aug 292014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that when attempting to stop the vehicle, there was a vibration coming from the brakes. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the rear drivers side drum deteriorated and the brake spring was fractured. The mechanic replaced the front rotors, the front pads, the rear drums, the rear brake shoes and the spring kit. Additionally, the contact stated that while driving at 65 mph, the rpms increased and the vehicle failed to shift into overdrive. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000.

- Garden City, KS, USA

Nov 052014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My problem started around October 25, 2014, a week before I took it to the dealership.. the back brakes started to chatter when I applied the brakes. It was coming from the back brakes not the front.. the dealership told me the inspection showed the lr wheel cylinder leaking heavily and contamination shoes. Rr also seeping. Nec to replace rear wheel cylinders and bleed system. Replaced rear shoes and cleaned affected areas. Resurfaced drums and reassembled. I paid $514.74 for this, and with a reward card, I got $15 off, bringing the total to $499.74. I talked to the service mgr. From hamilton Chevrolet on 11/7/14, and he said he would see if he could get me a refund for half of the charge, and should get the check from GM in about two wks. I feel that this is a GM problem, and with only 35, 574 miles on my truck this should not have happened. I am a 73 yr. Old retire, and having to pay for this repair really set me back. I have owned many GM vehicles, and have never had any problems. I take care of my vehicles, and make sure they are serviced regularly. I would appreciate it if you could look into this, and get back to me. Thank you.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Aug 242014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

I was driving and was pulling into a parking spot and the vehicle accelerated instead of slowing down and coming to a stop causing it to collide with the brick building I do not what the truck speeded up to but both of the airbags went off and I missed a little 5 year old girl by about 2 inches.

- Hercules, CA, USA

Apr 042011

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Since about 16,000 miles, my rear breaks have been squeaking. The Chevy dealer has cleaned the breaks twice now and it has resoled the problem for a few months, but has always returned. Each time they cleaned the rear drum breaks, they stated there was excessive break dust. There clearly is an issue with this year model and the rear drum breaks.

- Durham, NC, USA

Dec 122011

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Accelerating from a stopped position at traffic light approx 1.5 vehicle lengths behind another vehicle. Vehicle in front of mine did not move. Pressed brake pedal with max pressure. Brakes did not fully engage causing contact to be made with other vehicle.

- Lagrange, IL, USA

Jan 282014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Driving about 60 mph about 10 miles into the trip when the truck lost speed, the ABS brakes did a slight on and off pulsating every couple of seconds, the engine was running rough and giving it gas the engine revved up but wouldn't go anywhere. Speed dropped down to 35 or 40 mph and wouldn't go any faster. The dash indicator showed messages stating stabilitrak traction control turned off and check engine light is on. It jolted real hard when it shifts gears. When I mashed the brake it didn't want to come to a complete stop without pressing the brakes to hold the truck there. I pulled into a store popped the hood and finding nothing I turned the truck off for a few seconds and restarted it but nothing changed and the error messages were still being displayed. The trucks engine was running rough. I headed home and it didn't have any power and jolted hard as it shifted gears. I coudln't go but 35 or 40 mph on the level ground. If I went up a slight hill the truck slowed down more until I got past the hill. I gave it gas and the engine would rev up but had no power and wouldn't go 35 or 40 mph. I parked the truck in the garage and in 10 minutes I went to start it to get the error messages and it started up fine and the engine wasn't running rough. I drove it 1/2 mile down the road and back and it ran perfect. I googled the error messages and found alot of complaints and comments about this issue on the Chevrolet forum website. No recall information just alot of people experiencing the same issue and alot worse cases that almost caused accidents. Is there a recall on this issue? I read that I will probably have the issue again because after it sits for 10 min it probably won't have a problem until a few minutes or days later. I can only hope doesn't cause me to have a wreck and kill myself or someone else. This is a major issue and should be recalled to fix the problem.

- Denton, TX, USA