2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 132016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Passenger airbag light off and on at random times. Seat not used often at all. Passenger presence system shorted. Cost $775 + $125 paid for diagnostic test. Failed inspection. Shows recall online but in GM data base not on our VIN. Passenger seat and it is hardly to never even used.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jul 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Takata recall. Campaign id number recall no. 16V381 still not fixed. Called dealer but they said to wait for a second letter. Answer was not satisfactory. First letter dated 07/2016

- Mobile, AL, USA

Dec 212015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The front end and front passenger side of the contact's vehicle was struck by another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a dealer. The driver sustained whiplash and minor bruising from the seat belt retracting. A child passenger sustained whiplash, bruises to the ankles, knees, and wrists. A second child passenger sustained whiplash and minor bruising from the seat belt retracting. Medical treatment was received. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The dealer indicated that the parts were not available. The failure mileage was not available. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/18/16

- Cypress, TX, USA

May 272016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Grant, FL, USA

Aug 072016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Takata recall: I have faxed and emailed CEO and executives of General Motors several times each day regarding this matter. I am going on vacation and do not feel safe driving the vehicle with these airbags. The notice that we just received this month, stated the vehicles are currently safe to drive. It does not state anything about in the future (I.e. next month, next week, etc.). they knew about the defect but just decided to send out recall notices late last month. I want a rental car for the week I need to drive out of town, at their expense, because we should have notified earlier and they will not verify (the executives) nor backup the engineering department that the vehicles are safe to drive. I want a letter from the CEO that verifies this or a rental vehicle for one week until my vehicle is repaired. We live in hot Texas and the vehicle is always exposed to hot and humid temperatures! this vehicle is not safe.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that there was a presence of a fuel leak from the top of the fuel tank. The dealer was notified of the failure. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags), but the parts were not available. The failure mileage was not available. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Jun 202016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cherry Log, GA, USA

Aug 042016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Very upsetting that GM had to have known takata air bags are installed and we were never informed. I would have never known my vehicle wasn't safe, if I wasn't on this site researching safe car for my teen to drive. I would like to know exactly when our life's are important enough to have recall letters sent" should we all go out and purchase face shield helmets for the family while we wait?????" I also read complaints regarding cracking in dash panel. I too have hairline cracking driver's side where airbag is installed. Please send recall letters as I called my local dealer and was told nothing can be done till I receive the actual letter. This new bulletin was posted months ago. It's now August 2016.

- Reedley, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags), but the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufaturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mccleary, WA, USA

Jul 272016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 09/13/16

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 112016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard crack next to airbag and over instrument panel. I am concerned that in a wreck where the airbag deploys the dash will become a deadly projectile. I was sitting still when the cracks ocurred.

- Hartford, KY, USA

Jun 062016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving 45 mph, the contact crashed into a tree. The seat belt failed to retract without warning and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Alexander, AR, USA

Jul 152015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Cracking plastic dash on upper left corner of passenger side air bag. Seems thousands of other people have same issue.

- Madison, MS, USA

May 082016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I own a 2011 check Silverado I clean my truck regularly an take good care of it I have less then 50,000 miles on it. I found a crack in my dash running from the corner of my passage airbag. I feel that it's a big safety hazard considering if someone crashes into me and the airbag deploys jagged chunks of dash could possibly impale myself or my pregnant wife. I did some research an seen that thousands of Chevy models are having the same issue because of manufactorer negligence an I feel that this is enough of a safety hazard to where something needs to be done about this.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Dec 212015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash cracked from passenger air bag cover to windshield vent. One day there was no crack then I noticed the crack. Nothing was dropped onto or banged against air bag cover.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Oct 132015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My 2011 Silverado dash is cracking in several place and im only the second owner of the truck. I feel sharp piece of plastic could become hazarders during a crash.

- Iola, KS, USA

Apr 092015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash is cracking by the passenger airbag cover and I wory that it may become shrapnel if the airbag deploys.

- Bryan, TX, USA

Apr 092016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dashboard has cracked at the top left of the passenger side airbag. This was noticed the other day while driving. Vehicle is very well cared for.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Apr 042016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dashboard is broken at the upper left corner of the air bag housing on the passenger side.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jun 162015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

On both the passenger and drivers side, the dashboard is cracked. On the passenger side the crack is located near the airbag and in the middle on the drivers side near the hump.

- Raleigh, NC, USA