2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 172014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

2011 Chevy Silverado lt with a cracked dash on the drivers side and by the airbag. Always have a sun screen over dash during the day and in the garage when at home.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Jan 272016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard around passenger airbag is splitting as many other are. In the event of an accident that would cause stress on the dash from abrupt airbag inflation, plastic could become shrapnel and cause serious injury or death.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Jan 022016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash is cracking around airbag and instrument panel causing serious concern about projectiles if airbag were to deploy.

- Sumrall, MS, USA

Dec 022015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Myself as well as many others dash's are cracking randomly in our Chevrolet Silverado pickups. Mine is cracked just to the upper left of the passenger airbag. I have reached out to GM and they have acknowledged an issue have offered to pay $590 towards the repair. I am not satisfied with that and there are several other thousand people that have the same issue with the same results or worse. I would really like to see GM be held accountable for this as I believe this is an safety concern with the passenger airbag deploying in an emergency. There is a facebook page with several thousand members dedicated to this matter it is named "07-13 GM cracked dash safety hazard for all trucks"

- Fort Scott, KS, USA

Apr 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard crack near passenger airbag. Safety issue in my opinion. Numerous other complaints not vehicle specific. Many Chevrolet dashboard issues. Facebook page dedicated to GM crack dash issues

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 152015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash cracked right above airbag only 40 thousand miles on truck. It's known to be a widespread problem with these vehicles and could cause a safety concern being by airbag

- Asheboro, NC, USA

Jul 122015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I was driving down a city road going about 40 mph when the side curtain airbag deployed in my truck. I did not hit or collide with another vehicle or property, and no vehicle collided with me.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Jul 072015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

We has our truck in for repairs 5 weeks prior due to the airbag light coming on. It was repaired but now the light came back on. We brought it back in and now are being told the wires are corroded propbably from moisture (we live in the desert where it does not rain, nor is it exposed to moisture). The airbag has to be replaced and is costing us over $800.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Feb 172015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owned a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving at 45 mph, a vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the air bags deployed message was displayed. The contact sustained back and spine injuries and whiplash that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Shelby , NC, USA

May 252015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that the check air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that door air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Nacogdoches, TX, USA

Mar 132015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

We were making a stop at the light, when a 18-wheeler didn't stop and hit us in the back, pushing us towards the bus that was in front of us, making the glass of the back break and throwing all the crystals in our body and clothes, the air bags never open, the front seats were broken and 3 of the 4 doors couldn't close anymore, the driver tried to make a move to the left or right, but he could not, because we were stuck, when we realize there were no major injury, we stayed until the red cross came to check our condition, but there were crystals everywhere so we couldn't move without hurting ourselves. We buy the truck with 2 miles, we are the only owners.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Jan 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My airbag sensor light comes on and then goes off. I heard that GM had a recall on this. Does this also affect the Silverado?

- Barnesville, OH, USA

Dec 102014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

I was driving into the parking garage at work to a parking spot. As I braked and slowed turning into the parking spot the truck accelerated and crashed into a concrete support beam. Airbags deployed and the truck suffered quite a bit of damages to the passenger side front end. I am unsure of speed at time of accident.

- West Melbourne, FL, USA

Oct 312014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 27,814.

- Dysart, PA, USA

Sep 012014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

Service air bag.

- Stoughton, WI, USA

Aug 242014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

I was driving and was pulling into a parking spot and the vehicle accelerated instead of slowing down and coming to a stop causing it to collide with the brick building I do not what the truck speeded up to but both of the airbags went off and I missed a little 5 year old girl by about 2 inches.

- Hercules, CA, USA

Jul 252014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I had closed one of my doors on the driver side with pretty strong force (slam), and the side curtain airbags deployed on both the driver and passenger sides. The seatbelt pre-tensioners also locked up. The airbag nearly missed striking my passenger who was seated in the passenger seat when it occurred.

- Norco, CA, USA

May 072014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Car pulled out from gas station into path of my vehicle striking it in left rear quarter panel and left rear wheel. My truck spun to the left striking a semi truck totaled my truck heavy front end damage. Injury to my stepson who was the driver. Air bags never deployed nor did seat belts keep him in place allowing him to hit his head on the roof of the truck cab

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 142014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

My vehicle was forced off the road by another vehicle causing my vehicle to hit a light pole head on. No air bags deployed. Driver and passenger suffered injury.

- Lagrange, IL, USA

May 012014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

The dash surrounding the air bag on the passenger side of the vehicle cracked. Don't know how this will affect the operation of the air bag in case of an emergency.

- Moncks Corner, SC, USA