3.6

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments

Dec 072016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My truck should have no issues as I follow the maintenance schedule and take good care of my vehicle but it has happened twice where I was in the middle of the interstate when my vehicle displayed the check engine light, traction off, stabiltrac off, the airvents stopped blowing cool air and released humidity, brakes were not functioning properly (hard to actually break), steering wheel/power steering was malfunctioning making it almost impossible to turn or get out of traffic and it seems the vehicle just decided to suddenly stall while in motion. I was very lucky due to sudden high risk of a vehicle crash and was able to pull over without getting anyone hurt. I turned the vehicle off once I got in park and looked under the hood, everything was fine showing no issues but I went to start the vehicle and it did not crank or try to turn over but all electronics/lights were still working. I I check all fluid levels, all was fine and then I went to try one more time to start the vehicle. To my surprise, it started up just fine and with only the check engine light on and not reading any other messages. All functions were working properly but I was too scared to go anywhere without having an idea what just happened. I went to the closest trusted auto place that would be able to use a scanner to find the trouble codes of my check engine light. The code was for a malfunction with the internal control module (code: P0601). This has happened to me twice in the last week and its very scary to feel at risk for a sudden malfunction to cause a crash. After researching, I noticed that there was a recall bulletin no: 14515B, that had covered pretty much the same issues and for my vehicle's year/model. My VIN didnt register for any recalls, I don't understand how other vehciles are getting qualified in order to prevent the same issues I'm experiencing.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Apr 222012

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

I have had a recurring problem with my new 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 lt (5.3 liter engine) going into "reduced engine power mode" which also results in the disabling of stability control and traction control. This is a dangerous condition in that it results in a loss of power while operating the vehicle upon the roadway. An authorized repair facility has replaced the number one and two throttle sensors, the accelerator pedal assembly, the throttle body, the alternator, the computer, and a large ground wire behind the dash. A GM engineer was flown in and now the repair center is replacing the engine wiring harness. The vehicle (which was purchased less than three months ago) has been out of service for approximately 30 days. In researching this matter I have found that Chevy has had an ongoing problem with this in various vehicles in its product line since 2003. Although several service bulletins have been produced there does not seem to be a consensus regarding the cause of this problem. All of the parts associated with trouble codes C0242, P2127, and P2138 have been replaced without result. This condition could result in the affected vehicles being rearended, or, because of the loss of stability and traction control, result in a roll over. This needs to be addressed immediately.

- Neosho, MO, USA