3.0

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 282004

Silverado 2500 8-cyl

While driving my vehicle on the freeway the tailgate dropped open and proceeded to fall off my vehicle. When I went to the dealership, the written estimate I received quoted $1045.48 to repair all the damage. I am thank full to god that it was early in the morning and there was noon behind us and I didn't have a load on the tailgate! it could of been a fatality.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Jan 012004

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

Support cables for my tailgate both broken withen 3 years of purchase of vehicle. I blamed my son of letting it drop but after reading a article in the grand rapids press I realize it is a major defect and G.M. owes me replacment parts and a apology.

- Belmont, MI, USA