2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 152011

Silverado 2500 LS 8.1L

The cab corners are about gone, the kick boards are rusting, the drivers door bottom seal fell off from rust underneath, the frame is completely covered with rust. The tailgate bottom is rusting, the fenders are rusting. If I park my truck on the concrete slab in front of the garage and it rains...I come out in the morning to rust stains all over the concrete where the truck sat. This is the worst GM product I have ever owned!!

- , Glencoe, MN, USA

Oct 012009

Silverado 2500 LS

I wish I had photos of this problem. Maybe some day I will take the time to shoot it. The rockers on my truck have failed wonderfully. So much so that the local MACO wants between 5-6 grand to fix it. They even said I might have better luck with a fabricator... WTF !? I would choose a Fix Or Repair Daily after experiencing this little sweetheart. Looks good from 50 yards at nite with a half or less moon.

- , Galloway, NJ, USA