2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Aug 052012

Silverado 2500 LS 8.1L

The abs is activating on the left front of my pick-up at speeds under 10 mph. I have replaced the hub (bearing) assembly complete with sensor after replacing the sensor twice before to no avail. The abs light does not come on, but when I check for codes my machine says left front sensor is bad. What the heck do I do now? Everything on the front end is new. Brakes, Rotors, bearing assembly, sensors. After all that work and expense the dang thing is still activating and sending me out into the intersection at the stop sign. I can disconnect the abs wire and the light comes on, but the brakes work great with no problem.

- , Glencoe, MN, USA