8.0

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 172015

Silverado 2500 HD 8.1L

We bought this POS Chevy truck with the Alison transmission in it. We have had nothing but problems ever since we purchased it used with less than 45000 miles on it. Then four years ago we had to take out the transmission bring it to a shop and they had to replace the front main seal. Wow it was over $950 to do that then shortly after getting it back in the transfer case went out to the tune of $2500 for that. Then we had to replace the fuel gauge it went out.

The list goes on then just this last Saturday afternoon I was driving it into town to get groceries and it would not shift it just stayed in second gear. I turned around and went back home. The only reason I have hung on to this piece of crap is because I have horses and I need to be able to haul them and hay. WHEN it does work it works good.

I also have a Toyota 4 runner that is a 96 which has close to 300,000 miles and has worked like a dream. This truck is a work truck I never and I mean never drive it over 65 mile per hr in fear it is going to break down. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER CHEVY ANYTHING

BE FAIR WARNED DON'T BY CHEVY YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET .IT...........

- , Rush, CO, USA