2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Nov 172015

Silverado 2500 LS V8 6.0L Gas

Instrument cluster, gauges, drive gear indicator, mileage info, etc..., fails to illuminate after starting the vehicle. It simply acts as if it's turned off. I have found I can sometimes roll up or down both windows to their full position, and then engage both switches and it will cause the cluster to come to life!

Sometimes, it will come alive as I drive down the road all on it's own, other times, it doesn't work at all and I can't force it to come on so I'm forced to drive in the "dark" not being able to know how fast I'm driving or the status of the battery, oil or temps or what gear I'm actually in. so I find neutral and drop it one notch.

I have checked the connectors and everything is clean and tight.

Had a GM shop look at it and was told that it happens when the battery gets low on charge as a charge saving option. I think they're idiots.

Still have the problem...

- , Lakeland, FL, USA