2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Feb 022015

Silverado 2500

The dashboard on my truck has cracked in the middle and leading around the passenger side air bag. I am concerned if in an accident and the passenger airbag deploys, it will be ripped or destroyed by the sharp edges of the cracked dash defeating its life saving potential. This is a severe safety concern and I would like GM to recall and replace the cracked dash in my truck.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Jun 072016

Silverado 2500

Takata recall I have been under recall since July, 2015 for this airbag on the passenger side of my truck. The recall itself states : "inflators subject to takata equipment recall 15E-041 were installed in certain 2007- 2008 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 heavy duty pickup trucks as original equipment. In accordance with takata's defect determination for these takata inflators, GM is recalling these vehicles to replace these takata inflators." (I retrieved this information off of the GM website, specifically related to my VIN. Recall date :05/28/2015. This information is current as of today, 06/07/2016. On 07/31/2015, I called the number on my letter that I received in July, 2015 and placed a claim with GM. GM advised me that the part was not available, but that they would contact me when it was. I never received any correspondence about the part being available. On 06/07/2016, I called the same number and spoke to a representative. She advised me that the part was still not available. I advised her that I frequently carry passengers, including children, and that I need a safe vehicle. I let her know that I placed a claim last year and I felt I should be able to get a rental or have this fixed. She opened a - new claim, with a new claim # - and advised me to call the dealership. Dealership told me that he pulled my recall by my VIN, and stated that it said "GM does not currently think this is a safety issue and that they do not feel that we need to have this fixed". note: I live in an extremely humid environment in the deep South of the usa. This type of humidity is exactly what is causing these airbags to rupture metal objects. I am not okay with these results. I have paper documentation as of today showing that I am in danger. I do not appreciate the way GM is treating me or my family.

- Alabaster, AL, USA

Jun 032016

Silverado 2500

I've received my recall notice almost (2) years ago now. I travel out of state monthly, and afraid to travel at the best times, evenings, and it's taking a toll on me, as I'm afraid of whitetail deer being all over the road of which I travel. I've had a family member already killed by (1) of these air bags blowing up and taking his life from hitting that same animal that I can also hit. I'm tired of getting the run around from General Motors telling me that the recall parts are not available etc etc. If they are still building my same truck, which they are, I told them than those bags are the same type, because the steering wheels have not changed, to please install one in my vehicle. Or disconnect my current bag, I don't want to dye yet. And I'm holding them accountable for my death in the event it was due to a "defective air bag". my family and my "lawyer" are aware of this. Thank you, mr stine

- N.Tonawanda, NY, USA

Jun 012016

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of the NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 07/13/16 updated 07/14/16.

- Monaca, PA, USA

Jul 152015

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame that the manufacturer would supply the part. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Coeur D'alene, ID, USA

Aug 182015

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/29/16 updated 07/07/16.

- Eagle River, WI, USA

Jul 022015

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Kenner, LA, USA

May 182016

Silverado 2500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15fv324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 06/30/16 updaated 07/11/16.

- Ham Lake, MN, USA

Jul 312015

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/29/16

- Naples, FL, USA

Jul 082015

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the parts needed for the repairs were not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the recall repairs. The dealer and manufacturer were made aware of the delay. In addition, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 125,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/14/16

- Oswego, NY, USA

Silverado 2500 8-cyl Diesel

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 05/24/16

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Feb 052016

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received a notification for the air bags; however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mount Marion, NY, USA

Jan 012016

Silverado 2500

Identical to complaint # 10838479. Dash cracked on pass side to upper left hand corner of passenger air bag,

- Avon, NC, USA

Silverado 2500

Takata recall -this recall campaign is almost a year old. Why don't they have replacement parts available for repair? this a serious matter as I just saw another person has been killed as the result of the defective airbags. This is unacceptable!.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 252016

Silverado 2500

While I was driving I had a head on collision bumper to bumper while I was going 35 and the other person was going 40 and over it was the others persons fault the air bags never deployed risking me and my passenger life or serious injury the truck was totaled and the other persons car as well and there air bag did deploy I've bought the truck new from showroom floor in 2007 it still has factory airbags that never worked.

- Portland, OR, USA

Mar 252016

Silverado 2500

Takata inflators: My 2007 Chevrolet 2500 hd Silverado has had an open recall for approximately 2 years. The letter said shards of metal may fly from the air bag in the case of deployment causing serious harm or death to occupants, however GM stated that the vehicle was still safe to drive"????" after this amount of time, the fact that my husband, children and grand children routinely ride in this truck. I think it is time that the recall be completed. I contacted GM and they said there is no new information. If they can't make the truck safe to drive, they should replace it with an equal truck at no cost to my family.

- Given, WV, USA

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Powell Butte, OR, USA

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 112015

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 272015

Silverado 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Burton, OH, USA