2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 142010

Silverado 2500

Front dashboard has a crack in it. Crack on plastic dash just appeared overnight for no reason. It is located almost directly in front of the passenger area. Have checked several other vehicles within the same year model,2- GMC Sierra pick ups, 1- Avalanche, 2 Silverado. Dash makes a rattling sound and is very distracting. All have the same open crack almost exactly at the same spot on dashboard. I know there is a defect.

- Donna, TX, USA

Dec 102014

Silverado 2500

A crack has formed at the top left corner of the airbag area, on the passenger side of the dash.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

May 162011

Silverado 2500

My dash has cracks near the airbag and I have a concern with safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jun 072012

Silverado 2500

The dash is cracking on all 2007 up models of Silverado and Tahoe. I had sliced my finger when reaching for my phone is how I found out. The issue is the sharp edges are right next to air bag. So now I am worried that if I do get into accident either the air bag will get punctured and or shards of razor sharp dash are you to cut me and possibly be very severe. Please just do a google search online and you will find thousands of these type issues with the dash. Please help the dealer is not doing anything for many people and now my wife is worried to even drive in truck that I cannot replace at this time.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Aug 012013

Silverado 2500 8-cyl

My rear passenger door does not lock/unlock. Huge safety hazard. The door can be opened while the vehicle is traveling 70 mph. This is also a security issue. I can lock the vehicle with the key fob only to learn that the rear door will not lock. If I lock it manually, then it will not open with the key fob. This is a huge inconvenience, I have to unlock it manually. The dealer stated that this is a very common problem. Internet research shows that this has happened to thousands of people. This should be a recall!!!

- Burnsville, MN, USA

May 052012

Silverado 2500

Large cracks in dashboard. I know I'm not the only one! there needs to be a recall!

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 092013

Silverado 2500

My dashboard cracked at the corner of the air bag and appears there may be an issue with flying projectiles of plastic if the air ever deploys.

- Denair, CA, USA