2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 072016

Silverado 2500

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd, second tire to blow out and the same dot number on them bf goodrich size 265/75R/16 (123/120R) rugged terrain, dot bfw8 0211 1113 and bfw8 0211 1414, one each on the truck have separated, tire tread come unrapped from tire at speed of 45 mph the other tire at 65 mph with only 20,000 miles on one and one with 32,000 miles, tread was still good on both. Truck had maybe 700 lbs of tools on it at the time. A third tire started separating which I caught before it blew out. Three out of four tires. It damaged the bed of the truck.

- Magnolia, MS, USA

Aug 232014

Silverado 2500

Firestone tire P245/70R17 108S M+ S destination le for your information while driving the inside lane of I-20 here in Alabama August 23, 2014 at a speed of approximately 65 miles an hour when my right front tire blew. Fortunately I was able to maintain control of the vehicle and get off the interstate. The tire blew out just below the thread, outside wall. Hole is approximately the sizes of a twenty five cent piece. I had an experience tire professional look at the tire; he said that the tire was defective because of the way it blew. The other three tires on this vehicle are firestones identical to this one. I am worried about the safety of driving the auto with these tires? the tire is on a 2008 Chevy Silverado pickup that is driven for pleasure. (not a work truck) less that 10,000 miles a year. All four original tires were replaced with firestones P245/70R17 108S. I would estimate these tires to have less than 20,000 miles on them.

- Moody, AL, USA

Apr 112014

Silverado 2500 8-cyl

I was driving on a state highway and experienced a blowout from one of my hankook tires model dynapro as tires. Severe body damage all along the left side of my truck was the result of this accident, as I was pulled into a concrete median barrier.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Feb 202009

Silverado 2500

Right front tire blew out, when we went to have them replaced we noticed a bump in all four tires, upon calling general we were told to take the truck to sears (authorized dealer) to look over the tires, sears confirmed that there was a belt separation in all four tires. We were told by general tires they would give us a 60% replacement on one tire. We then called General Motors to report the problem they told us we needed to take the truck to the dealer where the truck was purchased. After leaving the truck all day the service manager reported that the replaced tire was not an original tire (it was the one we had fixed due to blow out) and that it should not be warranted. At this time nothing has been done to fix any of the tires. We were told by a representative at General Motors that there were other reports of problems with these tires. A second representative denied that other problems has been reported. There is definitely a manufacturers defect in all four tires.

- Stillwater, OK, USA

Nov 172008

Silverado 2500

2008 Chevy Silverado (leased) has several small cracks in tires and rear tires with chunks of tire missing. The consumer stated he noticed a lack of traction after a light rain.

- Kawkawlin, MI, USA