2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Silverado 2500

At first the steering was heavy at times when I would make a 3 point turn or if I was backing out of a parking space and then moving forward. Then one time it completely locked up as I merged into city traffic coming out of a parking lot.

- Atwater, CA, USA

Mar 292016

Silverado 2500

When driving a message on my information center pops up which states that taking my eyes off the road can cause a accident, ect. This makes me take my eyes off the road to see it and again to delete it. So this is a hazzard. GM said there is nothing in the owners manual about it, and engineering thinks that it happens when I touch a button on the insturment panel when driving. But it happens to appear when im driving on the highway and have not touched any control button., this is a serious distraction. Since I cannot duplicate it because it happens at random, when it does occur again I will take a picture of it. The message will not cancel on its own and blockes everything on the message center until I manually shut it off

- Brooklyn, WI, USA

Jan 202016

Silverado 2500

I purchased a brand new 2015 silveradeo on 7/24/15 and at about 700 miles or so I noticed a bad vibration as the truck was in motion, took it back to the dealer cause I was very upset it being an $56,000 truck and all. They wanted me to leave the truck overnight and did not offer any vehicle to drive so I did not leave it with them. So I took the truck to ratfield tire and had the tire's balanced, all 4 tire's were out of balance, which I paid for out of pocket myself not GM.... this didnot fix the problem of the severe vibration going down the road. I then took the truck to another dealer for the vibration, they test drove it and confirmed the vibration, did a road force balance on all 4 wheels, then replaced all tire's, this also has not fixed the problem, the truck is still vibrating, the entire seat just shakes, I am presently waiting on another appointment with dealer. The service manager told me himself after replacing all 4 tire's that it felt like a balance issue inside the motor which there is no fix, now that is crazy...I fell that this truck should be replaced or my money back entirely.the truck only has a little over 2000 miles cause it makes me sick to drive it....

- Gordon, GA, USA

Aug 292015

Silverado 2500

I purchased a brand new 2015 Chevy Silverado and in the first week I had it, while driving, the truck just simply completely shut off. Dealer claims they have never heard of this and after keeping truck for days stated could not find any issues. About one month later remotes not working and truck warning that emergency brake is on even though it was released. Could not get to register that emergency brake was off and while driving none of the turn signals were working as to truck warning to pull over due to vehicle emergency brake was on. I have only made one payment on this new vehicle and truck has already been in shop 2X.I need your help, please as dealer not helping me and I do not feel safe in this truck. I should not have to worry about it turning of or anything else as to being a brand new vehicle. I have attempted to speak with several managers and one just stated to me" that is why you have warranty and just keep eye on it." Since all this I have searched on the internet, and discovered that this has happened with other Silverado.. ed bozart chevrolett still claims no knowledge of this. Please help me. I feel this is potential accident issue. The first issued happened while driving on craig road which could have been really bad as this is a 45 mph road, luckily it was a weekend and not busy. I don't know what else to do. Spending over $40,000 on this truck not expecting to feel unsafe while driving.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 312015

Silverado 2500

When driving 68mph or above the whole inside of the vehicle vibrates like a wheel is out of balance. I was told by a Chevy dealer that the drive shaft is wobbling & that's causing the vibration. And GM says it's normal.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jun 012015

Silverado 2500

I purchased a new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500hd duramax crew cab lt from auto nation of pembroke pines Florida and at about a week or two of driving it I started to notice a bump/clunk from the rear of the truck just as I would come to a complete stop. It also does it just apon a strong acceleration. The vehicle had about 500 miles on it when I started to notice this. I brought the vehicle in for the first oil change at about 4K miles and told the service guy what was going on. He said they would test drive it. When I picked it up he said they could find anything wrong. I think it's the slip yoke sticking and needs to be lubricated or replaced. Some of the older truck had this issue.

- Cooper City , FL, USA

Jun 302015

Silverado 2500

This is the 10th time this has happened, and 3rd time the vehicle has entered the service center. Own a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab Z71, and when attempting to start the vehicle, it does not turn over, indicating that there is a theft deterrent issue. The first time the dealer was unable to replicate the issue or error code. The second time several error codes were present, which the dealer reset. This appeared to fix the issue, until 1 month later the issue presented itself again. The vehicle is currently with the dealer on it's third repair attempt. This can be very unsafe for a vehicle since in an emergency need the vehicle could be incapable of being driven.

- Sioux City, IA, USA

Jun 142014

Silverado 2500

June 24, 2015 safe on August 14, 2014, I purchased a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (102449) on June 30, 2014 at selman Chevrolet (1800 East chapman, orange California, 92867 (714-633-3521). Approximately 3 months later, I noticed rust on the painted frame of the truck. I have purchased 5 Chevrolet's since 2001 and have never had any rust issues. As I began to look throughout the undercarriage of the truck, I noticed rust on all exposed metal as well as on the painted metal. What concerned me right a way was the amount of rust on the drive shaft and on the transmission? I contacted my sale person art (714-719-5945) and explained what I had found. He advised me that didn't make any sense and asked me to bring the vehicle in. On February 19, 2015, I brought the vehicle in for its first maintenance. Service employee mike agandona handled the service. I explained to him about the rust underneath the vehicle. He looked under the truck and stated "that's excessive. Let me get a manager to take a look at this." Mike left and returned with chuck stallworth, service manager. Before chuck even looked under the vehicle, he explained that rust was very normal. I explained to chuck that I had owned multiple Chevrolet's and none had rust on them. I explained my concern that rust takes down the value of a vehicle greatly and in California, we don't have weather associated with rust, especially on brand new cars. It evident that selman Chevrolet only concern is to sell vehicles and not attempt to rectify an issue with one of their vehicles they sold. As for a solution regarding this, they could have offered to undercoat the vehicle, pay to have it done or replace it. If there is additional information needed please contact me at the below phone number or by email.

- Placentia, CA, USA

Mar 202015

Silverado 2500

My name is salvador vargas and I am the owner of the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado lt that I leased on January 31, 2015 from huntington Chevrolet located at 370 oakwood rd, huntington station, NY 11746 (877) 415-8697. I noticed in March when the weather started getting warmer that the air conditioning was not working properly. I brought the vehicle into new rochelle Chevrolet located at 291 main St, new rochelle, NY 10801 (914) 730-9960 to have the A/C serviced, and it was discovered there was no freon. After having the freon put into the A/C system I noticed very strong fumes coming into the cabin. The vehicle was brought back into new rochelle Chevrolet twice to have the problem solved. I have the appropriate paperwork to validate the service. The 2 services at new rochelle did not fix the problem. The smell is unbearable and possibly toxic, and still coming into the cabin as of today.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA