2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 142005

Silverado 3500 4WD 8-cyl

In July, my service air bags light came on intermittently in my truck. Everytime I took it to the dealer they couldn't reproduce the light. Not long after that started to happen, the truck started to "chime"(warning signal) and beep, also at intermittent intervals. After 5 trips to the dealer and 19 days later(in the shop) they might have fixed the problem.

- Marshfield, WI, USA

Sep 202005

Silverado 3500 4WD 8-cyl

I had an accident on Tuesday Sept. 20, 2005 driving my 2005 Chevy pickup K2500 hd 4 wheel drive. I lost control and went off highway striking a city dumpster headon and moving the dumpster approximately 50-60 ft. By police report and than going back on highway and crossing all 4 lanes before the truck stopped. My truck was totaled but my airbag never deployed. I was unconscious and was airlifted to vanderbilt hospital in nashville tn. Why didn't my airbag deploy with a headon crash of this force? this seems to be a defect in the product. I received a 4 inch cut across the bottom of my chin that required several stitches and very sore from my head down my right leg. Still following up with doctors....

- Columbia, TN, USA