2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 072014

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact also stated that the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing, who stated that the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000.

- Clay , NY, USA

Jul 012010

Silverado 3500

Cracks with sharp edges around passenger side airbag and dash.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Aug 172012

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Vehicle was involved in head on collision that totaled it. Other vehicle was an older model van, do not know extent of damages to it. My concern is the air bags did not deploy was told by GM that crash did not meet criteria for deployment!!!!! a head on collision at 50 mph that totaled 2500 series Chevy truck. Hard for me to believe I now own a 2008 Chevy 1500 series, do I need to concerned?

- Evans, GA, USA

Mar 272014

Silverado 3500

Safety concern with cracks in dash around passenger side airbag.

- Bangs, TX, USA

Jun 122014

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

On impact to front end of my vehicle the air bags did not deploy. The air bags on the other vehicle did deploy. How can I be sure my airbags are functioning properly. There is about $9,000 damage to my vehicle. I am sendingagain because I am not certain the first one went through.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Apr 012011

Silverado 3500

ABS does not work, light is on the dash. Airbag lights are on the dash and not sure if they are working, tailgate does not latch closed. Key does not always want to turn and we need to move it back and forth before it will start the vehicle.

- Novelty, OH, USA

Apr 222014

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the vehicle hydro planed and the contact crashed into the road barrier. No air bags deployed upon impact. There were four injuries and a police report was filed. Injury details were not available. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 102,000.

- Federal Way, WA, USA

Feb 112014

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that there were defective air bag bolts. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The failure mileage was 63,000 and the current mileage 67,000.

- Flint, MI, USA

Feb 182014

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

The service airbag message lighted on the dashboard followed by an explosion. Seat belts tightened and locked. The dealership verified complaint, found SDM internally shorted. Needed new SDM and both front pretensioners and control module. Total cost of repair was $1445.99.

- Three Lakes, WI, USA

Feb 032014

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 49,200.

- Romeoville, IL, USA

Jan 282014

Silverado 3500

Service airbag light came on, looked in owners manual and it advised to get it serviced. I called the local Chevy dealer who advised me just to drive it, "that's common" I was told. Far cry from the hazards the book explains. Is there a recall on the 2007? not impressed!

- Mandan, ND, USA

Dec 072013

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Plastic dash has cracked near air bag. Could lead to sharp plastic pieces from dash being sent into passenger compartment when air bag deploys.

- Ofallon, IL, USA

Jan 052012

Silverado 3500

Silverado 2007 truck cracks just keep appearing in dash in airbag section for no reason. Truck is parked in garage 80 percent of time. If cracks keep appearing, what is going to keep airbag from coming out of dash for no reason" this truck is 6 years old with 62,000 miles on it very clean and the dash looks awful. Have contacted Chevrolet and they say no recalls, please tell me why"

- Coushatta, LA, USA

Dec 012012

Silverado 3500

The dashboard on my 2007 (new body style) Chevy Silverado ls, 4.3L has cracked, randomly, right above the passenger air bag. There was nothing to cause this crack, it just appeared. After doing some research, many other GM owners, ranging from Silverado to Tahoe to escaldes, also have cracks in their dash, in the same spot, some worse than others. My main concern is it cracking more, and also if the passenger airbag were to deploy, the possibility of the dash breaking apart and possibly throwing shards of plastic at me or passenger. Not only is the safety an issue, but the appearance is an issue, since its a rather large crack, it looks unsightly. Thanks for your time, hopefully something can be done about this popular defect that hasn't been addressed by GM yet.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Sep 212013

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that while entering the vehicle, the driver's side air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the driver's side air bag light sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Harvard , SD, USA

Jul 172013

Silverado 3500

I offer same complaint as filed under NHTSA id# 10485141.a service air bag warning light came on in my 2007 Chevrolet Silverado truck. I went to the dealer who sold it to me to have it serviced & was told the right front impact sensor was corroded & had to be replaced. This was a safety issue, and stated to dealer that GM should cover the cost of repair. The dealer said no & that there was no recall on record.I agree completely with the comments provided under above-referenced compliant: "I called GM & was told that this was an environmental issue & the salt air in my area caused the corrosion and GM was not responsible. I told the person that I was talking to that apparently GM must be aware of the problem if they know that the salt air corrodes the sensors. I mentioned the fact that since there is a problem that the air bag could possible inflate while driving & cause the driver to swerve off the road or into another vehicle thus causing death or serious injury. I was then given a file number (71-1127296694) and told the matter would be investigated. I later received a phone call from GM, said looked into complaint & since it was an environmental issue GM was not responsible for repairs. I then stated to him that I was aware that Chrysler recently had a recall of vehicles to be repaired because the airbag sensors were corroding. I was told that GM. Had no such recall. My argument is that this is a safety issue. The corroded sensors could malfunction and cause the air bags to deploy thus causing the driver to swerve and potentially get into a serious accident. Chrysler Corp. Must have realized this because they had a recall." This is a potentially serious situation. Please investigate. Jhb

- West Bend, WI, USA

Jun 252013

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Airbag light came on at 75,458 miles.

- Surveyor, WV, USA

Jun 032013

Silverado 3500 6-cyl

While driving on the interstate my airbag light came on and I am reporting it cause I drive on the interstate for work and I don't want it to explode on me driving on the interstate or get into a wreck and they don't deploy.

- Warner Robins , GA, USA

May 202013

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

As I was pulling up to my drive way, the message on my dash display " service airbag " came on with the airbag indicator on. I took it to the dealer ship and they say they could not find and issue. Up till now still have the indicator light on and message on the dash display. Is this a recall known?

- Mission , TX, USA

Nov 142012

Silverado 3500

I had a service air bag warning light T on in my 2007 Chevrolet Silverado pick up truck. I went to a dealer to have it serviced.and was told that the right front impact sensor was corroded and had to be replaced. I felt that this being a safety issue that General Motors should cover the cost of repair. I called G.M. and was told that this was an environmental issue and the salt air in my area caused the corrosion and G.M was not responsible. I told the person that I was talking to that apparently G.M. M, ust be aware of the problem if they know that the salt air corrodes the sensors. Furthermore I mentioned the fact that since there is a problem that the air bag could possible inflate while driving and possibly cause the driver to swerve off the road or into another vehicle thus causing death or serious injury. I was then given a file number (71-1127296694) and told the matter would be investigated. I later received a phone call from a G.M. rep. Who said he looked into my complaint and since it was an environmental issue G.M. was not responsible for repairs. I then stated to him that I was aware that Chrysler recently had a recall of vehicles to be repaired because the airbag sensors were corroding. I was told that G.M. had no such recall. My argument is that this is a safety issue. The corroded sensors could malfunction and cause the air bags to deploy thus causing the driver to swerve and potentially get into a serious accident. Chrysler Corp. Must have realized this because they had a recall. G.M.does not seem to care and is apparently waiting until there are serious accidents and they are forced to recall vehicles.I also wonder if G.M. and Chrysler use the same vendor to purchase the sensors. Most likely they do as there are probably not many company's that manufacture them. I feel this is potentially serious situation plus the fact that another automobile manufacturer recognized the problem perhaps your Agency should investigate.

- Wareham, MA, USA