2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

May 282009

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Door lock broke and door would not open. This is the fourth time and has occurred on all four doors at different intervals.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA

Nov 152013

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Driving at night at 55 mph, the truck intermittently lost power but did not completely quit; the low beam headlights blew and went off.

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Nov 012012

Silverado 3500 4WD 8-cyl

3 of 4 door lock actuators have failed. Called Chevy and had me bring to dealership to have tested and dealership did confirm that was actuators. Chevy not willing to cover cost of replacing faulty parts. I am unable to use door locks on 3 of my 4 doors.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Oct 012013

Silverado 3500 4WD 8-cyl

3 of 4 electric door locks do not work. Multiple message boards with people complaining about door lock actuators no longer working on this model/year. Safety concern as I have to climb into back seat to unlock doors when my children are in the back.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Sep 302013

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

My truck stayed parked for 10 days while on vacation. It was running fine when I parked it. Upon returning from vacation I tried to start it and nothing! it wont even try to turn over. After having a private mechanic look at it he said the fuse block under the hood has a short in it. How can it short out just sitting there? this could be a fire hazard & a safety issue!! I have 2 small children & if I were driving & it caught on fire we all could be injured!!!!!! this should open GM's eyes to have a recall on this vehicle.

- Lewisburg, KY, USA

Sep 222013

Silverado 3500

My gauges are going haywire...while I'm riding on the truck dont start sometimes and also my alarm dont work...

- Crowley, LA, USA

Aug 052013

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Went to get out of the car and the door wouldn't open or the window wouldn't roll down...........seems very case of a fire or accident I couldn't unlock the door for my passenger or roll down the window.

- Saint Albans, WV, USA

Jan 072012

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Loss of power door locks going up and down speedometer and tachometer going up and down all dash lights blinking.

- Stonewall, OK, USA

Jan 012010

Silverado 3500

The dash cluster intermittently loses electrical power. Freezing the all gauges where they are at the time. The engine light is the only light that seems to work. After returning the airbag warning light would will remain lit until the ignition switch is cycled off then on again. While under warranty it was only twice as a momentary condition and would return normal before I could get to a dealership. Now at 140,000 miles it can last several days and very frequently.

- Somerset, VA, USA

Oct 312012

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Off and on vehicle locks into anti theft mode......sat overnite at walmart..sat overnite at groc store...went to dealer 300 later not fixed they may try this or that $$$$$$$$$$$ each visit is expensive.....called customer support at GM they told me they new nothing about this happening.....googled internet a lot of people are dealing with this....called customer service back they told me not to google internet because many vehicles can break down they do not last the meantime I should return to service because they only hire top notch techs who can fix the problem.....they are not fixing it they are guessing and each time they guess the problem exits but my wallet shrinks.........this passlock even has it's own facebook page.......this is bad and dangerous and expensive....the only solution is to buy a kit and then try to find someone to install to override the system.........this is ridiculous tired of looking at service seatbelt..little car with lock on it and turning key to nothing happening all because passlock failure.

- Conway, SC, USA

Feb 082012

Silverado 3500 6-cyl

Time on radio stopped working also speakers and chimes for turn signal and keys in the ignition stopped working they work every once in awhile I noticed when the keys in the ignition are turned just right sometimes everything will work but most of the time it does not.

- Naples, FL, USA

Sep 012010

Silverado 3500 6-cyl

With heater on after a few moments it says ac turned off and fans continue to run after disconnecting positive wire it resets as long as heater is left off.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jul 132011

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

7-13-2011 replaced door latch-right--4-19-2012 replaced door latch left and left window regulator.

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Mar 042011

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

1 to 2 months after purchase the oil was completely out on my truck. They have attempted to fix the oil consumption is 3 to 4 times. Now they are wanting to replace the piston that they have already ordered not knowing what kind of damage has been done.

- Lucedale, MS, USA

Dec 142011

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

Evap vent value malfuntions.

- Aurora, NE, USA

Nov 252011

Silverado 3500

Power door locks on my 2008 Chevy Silverado crew cab quit working on both drivers side doors. I only have 25,000 miles on the truck and have not returned it back to the dealer yet as the problem just started this weekend. I have checked the web and of course this is a very common occurance that Chevy has tended to sweep under the rug and had not made a recall for this. This is a major inconvience and is a major safety hazard as well. I have my fingers crossed that the dealer will fix this problem but I have my doubts. My 3 year bumper to bumper warranty ran out in August. I purchased a new truck to avoid these types of aggravations and now regreting that decision.

- Murfreesboro, NC, USA

Jan 122011

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

All 4 lock actuators failed and with that, the body control module cannot properly work the security system. The power locks inside the vehicle work intermittently and seem to randomly unlock one of my doors. The automatic door lock when you put the car in gear does not work. This causes multiple safety risks. 1) failure of auto lock could result in carjacking and passenger ejection during a wreck 2) failure of security system to arm and alarm could lead to theft 3) intermittent and random unlocking of one door when unexpected results an unsecured vehicle despite deliberate owner effort and expectation of security and can result in theft and ejection4) since only the driver door has a key lock mechanism, I have to crawl through the cab to unlock back doors resulting in body strain and injury. Do this*** google "2008 Chevy Silverado lock actuator failure. See how many thousands of vehicles this is happening to. I have never had one actuator fail, and in this vehicle it has been all 4 and that is happening to thousands. The cost is $1000 to repair and there is a "national back order" so they have to be aware of the problem. Please help us little guys and make this right.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Oct 302009

Silverado 3500

All four door actuators have failed. Have to manually lock/unlock doors.. I see this is a common problem. There should be a recall.

- Forsyth, GA, USA

Aug 132011

Silverado 3500 8-cyl Diesel

Intermittently, and now more frequent 1, 2 or all gauges go haywire, reading other than normal, and digital readout goes out. Truck still works ok, but no accurate reading on gauges.

- Woodleaf, NC, USA

Jan 022010

Silverado 3500 4WD 8-cyl

My 2008 3500 duramax diesel truck went into limp mode while on the interstate 15 next to the concrete K-rail. Imagine heavy traffic, a fully loaded semi behind you, and then slamming on the breaks. This is what happened. The semi slammed on his breaks, trailer crossed two lanes, other vehicles skidded off the freeway. I was almost killed, as was others. Turns out a rodent had chewed a sensor wire and the wires crossed detecting a condition with the engine. Over 20 vehicles were involved in this near fatal crash. When I asked the dealership why it did this, they explained "it is designed to reduce speed to about 15 miles per hour to same engine components, and that this is in most vehicles today". I personally don't care about engine components, but further research found that his is being driven by the insurance companies that ultimately pay for warranty repairs. This is a major safety risk, and will kill people.

- Valley Center, CA, USA