1998 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe:

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Feb 152002

Tahoe 4WD

The spare tire assembly under my Tahoe broke ( a rather thick cable) and let the tire and wheel fall off my truck while backing into the garage. Of all places, thank god. I contacted the dealer and the manufacturer because of safety concerns I have. Also the spare tire fall off this auto a couple years earlier with the same part being replaced by the same dealer. I hope you folks are tracking the number of times the spares are falling off Chevy trucks because I've never had this happen with any other rig and I'm 45 years old. I have the paper work on both repairs. I believe that bothchevy and the dealer could care less about my concerns and the prospects of someone being hurt because of this safety defect... plus the price of the repair more than doubled in the mean time.

- Mead, WA, USA