6.0

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe:

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Oct 092007

Tahoe LT 5.7L

The mileage I specified (27,478) was in 2001 and the first time my fuel pump failed. My local Chevrolet Dealership performed the repair, thank God it was under warranty. The second time the fuel pump failed was in 2004 with 55,598 miles on it and again my local Chevrolet Dealership replaced it and my extended warranty paid for it. The third time the fuel pump failed was July 2007 with 88,949 miles on it but this time I had a local auto repair center perform the work because the warranty had expired and to my surprise this place was as costly as a dealership. The fourth time the fuel pump failed was September 2007 with 92,289 miles on it. I was on vacation with my 2 year old grand-daughter and we broke down in Virginia. Boy what a nightmare this one was. It was on a Saturday, the Chevrolet Dealership we were towed to was closed until Monday along with the a rental-a-car place and it cost me a small fortune for the repair,the hotel room etc. until that Wednesday when the repair was done. I came home and filed a report to my Attorney General office about the hosing I received from my local Auto Repair Center but had to call them back today October 9th because my Tahoe would not start. My 2 year old grand-daughter and I were leaving a Indian Festival out in nowhere land and was told by a life saving mechanic that attended the festival that my fuel pump (MY FIFTH FUEL PUMP) that was replaced by the Virginia Chevrolet Dealership has gone bad.This God send of a man hit the gas tank a few times which got it started and safely home. From what I was told the first 4 fuel pumps that were replaced was after market fuel pumps supplied by the CHEVROLET DEALERSHIPS and my local Auto Clinic but this last fuel pump was a GENERAL MOTORS brand that I insisted on being installed because I thought this may resolve the problem using their own brand but it lasted only 30 days.

- , Frederick, MD, USA