1998 Chevrolet Tahoe wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe:

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jan 112004

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Sometimes when I am driving the steering wheel shakes, I can drive on the same road and it may not. I have had the front end aligned by the Chevy dealer in which I bought the Tahoe and also had new tires put on at the same time.it seems like it will go away for awhile and then it comes right back and then I have to have the tires rotated because of bumps forming on the tires and this happens in a very short time.I have had it aligned by 3 different dealers and they say it is in spec and that is all they do. I have just put another set of tires on it and it is starting to do it again. I have been told that there were some bad rims manufactured that year, could that be part of my problem.

- Denmark, IA, USA