8.7

$1,791.00

2. new transmission (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe:

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jun 092007

Tahoe LT 350

Violent shift in transmission gears. My problem began somewhere around 220,000 miles. I always kept the trans serviced every 50-75K miles. However, the very hard bumps became a violent shift in the gears. I took it to my local mechanic who was afraid of servicing the trans because of instances where once the problem begins and the trans is serviced, he knew one case where the trans “locked-up”. I then took my Tahoe to a local Chevy dealership to have it professional diagnosed. The “official” chevy problem code was 1870. They gave me a similar story of potential future problems as my local mechanic and since I drive a lot I had the dealership install a new Chevrolet “certa transmission”. COST: Trans: $1722.50, Labor: $773.05, Seal: $69.05, Fluid: $6.98, Fluid: $27.00, Waste Disposal: $38.00, Tax: $146.04 ---- Total: $2,782.62. The new chevy trans came with a 3 year or 100,000 mile warranty. Hope this gives you a little more detail of exact problem code and repair cost.

- , Somewhere, AL, USA

May 052006

Tahoe LE

After traveling 30-50 miles, at hwy speed, it bumps very hard on the next 2 shifts. If I stop and kill the motor for approx 10-15 secs and start again, it shifts smoothly, but after driving at hwy speed for another short distance it starts bumping again.

- , Ardmore, OK, USA

Mar 312003

Tahoe

After my upper manifold gasket was a factory defect and caused me to have to get a new long block engine, this is the next thing to fail and my truck is hardly 4 yrs old!!!!

- , San Jose, CA, USA