1. replace a/c; mechanic say it is a design flaw! (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jun 212007

Tahoe LS 4800 V8

I live in HELL (aka Phoenix, Arizona). I'm kinda pissed off at Chevy due to the fact that the Tahoe 2002-2004 have on-going problems with the A/C giving completely out around 65K to 70K. Not only that, the Suburbans as well! I was warned when I had the A/C serviced last year, that 1) I was approaching the mileage area of when they go out and 2) my friends had been recently replaced (owns Suburban) because she beat me to the mileage limits.

While, I understand I live in a above ground version of Hell, the thing the really bites me is the mechanic basically told me that this is due to a design flaw. HELLO CHEVROLET!!! Why are you not fixing this?

Lord knows they charge an arm, leg and your first born to own one of these to begin with. Don't get me wrong, this is the first major problem I've had with my love for the Tahoe. It is a gas, guzzling, fast machine, but I love it.

What would make me happy, that instead of trying to sell you the outrageous extended warranty, just cover the A/C under the normal warranty period; it is Chevy's problem to begin with!

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA