2.1

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 022004

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Recently I noted a grinding noise in the rear end of my Tahoe. A repair shop showed me the "back plates" on the rear wheels. They were completely corroded to the point that pieces were falling off the plates. I was informed that this would not affect my braking but could lead to the inability to use my emergency brake. The manager said he had never seen anything this bad. A technician nearby spoke up and siad he saw a set on a Chevy truck recently. I am submitting this material for only one purpose. I suspect there may be use of substandard, faulty material that is not resistant to corrosion being used in at least the Chevrolet line of trucks. This could result in failirue of the emergency brake and potential loss of life. I intend to get mine repaired but how many could be out there undiagnosed?

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA