Clunking Noise From Steering

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

4.0

1. replace upper steering shaft (2 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Mar 242006

Tahoe

They fixed this problem, however it started occuring again in October and they didn't fix it...now, that I am researching it, I am wanting them to REALLY fix it because there is a REAL fix out...but they are saying they aren't paying for it...well, FIRST they said they didn't have a record of me ever being in their shop! WHATEVER! Fortunately the corporate DID! OMG I was soooo mad!!! Champion Chevy in Austin is a bunch of criminals!!! DO NOT buy from them!!!! They LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Leander, TX, US

Sep 012009

Tahoe Z 71 5.3L

'04 Tahoe Z71-Irritating noise at slow speeds under 20 mph in left front with some vibration felt in steering wheel. After surfing the web I was able to diagnose this from other complaints that had been filed by individuals. I called the local GM dealer where I was told this would not be covered under warranty at 59000 miles and there had been no recalls because of the steering shaft "wear" problem. GM wanted $250 plus tax; after calling around I was able to get the shaft replaced for $225 ....why put any more money in the cauffers of Mr. Good Wrench?

- , Cave Creek, AZ, US