1. just needed to replace tires (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

May 212008

Tahoe LS 5.3L V8

In May I had a terrible vibration under acceleration between 45 and 75 PH, I brought the Tahoe to the dealer, and was told I needed a new transmission. When I asked how come? Since I don't tow a trailer, beat on it, and have it serviced regularly, they said, "we don't know why, just repair it!"

I didn't have the cash, and said I would be back. On the way home I stopped at my tire place for my free rotation and balancing, and they showed me the tires as badly worn, (rotated every 5000 miles, just plain wore out). After replacing the tires the "Transmission Vibration" went away. So much for highly trained Chevy Techs.

My Tire dealer saved me $2400 bucks!

- , North Grosvenordale, CT, USA