2.5

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Mar 072016

Tahoe

The light showing what gear you are in has gone out. It starts on then fades off. I looked up and found a recall - #05V055000 which is what is wrong with my car. When I called Chevy - they said my VIN shows no open recalls. This makes no sense to me being that I am having that exact problem and my year make and model show that as a recall" how can they pick and chose which cars were affected by the recall?"

- Concord, CA, USA

Apr 202015

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Rear lift gate would not unlock via remote or manual key. From the interior, there is no manual override or emergency release to manually open the lift gate door or window. In the event of an accident, escaping from a vehicle that was damaged, overturned or on fire via the rear door would not be possible due to the lack of an emergency rear lift gate release. In my case, I had secured my pet in a pet crate in the rear of the vehicle on a 77 degree day. I could not get him out the rear access, unable to open same by any means. Fortunately I had time and crawled in the back, turned the crate around, folded down rear seats, and removed 100 lb labrador retriever out the second row door. There is a keyed lock blow the lift gate in the rear covered by a plastic door. The key turned and the whole lock cylinder came out. There is no information on this lock in the driver's manual of what it does or does not do. I am having this repaired immediately at my expense. I feel this is a serious safety issue that needs to be addressed by Chevrolet/GM. I was lucky because it was not a life or death situation.

- Seaside Park, NJ, USA

Aug 152013

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Approximately 1 year ago the gear shift indicator began to be dimmer than the other dash displays. The dealership said nothing was wrong. Since then it is now no longer visible and it is not possible to visually determine what gear the vehicle is in. I have been told that it is not covered under GM recall 05023 (NHTSA 05V055000).

- Panama City, FL, USA

Jan 102010

Tahoe

Last year I notice that the traction active warning would go on and there was a humming noise that would follow. This would happen throughout the first few months. Around may of last year it started happening more often, as I was driving the truck would suddenly stop and turn off on its own after traction warning came on. Also after having stopped at a traffic light the traction warning would come on when accelerating to go. This has happened now everyday since may of last year. I have researched this online to see if this is happening to any other owners of Tahoe and it has. From what I have read cheverolet has not been able to fix this problem. I have been fortunate not to be rear ended by another car but I have had some close calls. I have read that other drivers have turned off their "stabilitrak control". I have tried this and it does help to some extent but this is not the solution to the problem. Cheverolet knows of the problem and they have not issued a recall for this problem. Other drivers have brought their SUV in for repairs and had the speed sensors replaced. When they drive their SUV after the so call repair, the problem still continues. I believe the issue is the transfer case. Due to that every time this problem would start the noise would come from right under the driver seat. Even with the "stabilitrak control" being turned off the humming and rumbling of gear sounds right under the seat. This is a dangerous situation when driving 30 to 40 mph the SUV coming to a stop and turning off. Several people wrote that this happened at hwy speed. This has been my fear. Cheverolet should officially recall Tahoe with this issue. In Canada a recall was put out due to a similar situation. Why is it that this hasn't been done here and owners in the us have to pay for repairs that have not solved the problem.

- Jamaica, NY, USA