2006 Chevrolet Tahoe drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jun 242015

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Service air bag and service 4 wheel drive light always comes on. I know their has been a recall with this model recall # 06102 on the air bags, but this VIN number doesn't come up. U-tube shows a common problem with the spring in the transfer case about service 4WD. See recall # 06V4170000 & 1233...updated 04/12/16

- Lawrenceville, PA, USA

Jul 152006

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe ls 4WD I bought brand new May 2006. I have had it in the shop 3 or 4 times because it keeps clanking/clunking loudly when I slow down or stop. It clanks when I go over a bump. If I'm driving down the road at 40mph+ and slow down to 20mph or less, then the Tahoe clunks loud enough people on the street can hear it. The dealership(s) can not find the problem (one dealership had the nerve to tell me it was my 3rd row seat). It sounds as though a wheel is going to fall off or the transmission is going to drop. The last dealership replaced the hub assembly on one of the wheels, but that didn't help...still clunk, clank. I can't tell if the noise is coming from the back for sure, but it sounds like it. My warranty is about expire and I'm afraid this is going to be a major issue/problem if it's not resolved.

- Ponca City, OK, USA

Aug 172008

Part 49624 - transfer case for 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe. Seems to be a failing part in majority of 4 wheel drive GM SUVS. Keeps happening over & over again.

- Darien, IL, USA