2007 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Nov 112016

Tahoe

I have two cracks, one located on the driver side dashboard and one on the passenger side above the airbag. Nothing has been done to produce such problem. I have also had to replace my heater core input valve. I have read that this has to do with the fact that the vehicle uses dex-cool. I am unsure of what to do with the fact that dex-cool has been found to eat away at hoses, O-rings, gaskets, and other parts of which dex-cool comes into contact with. I would also like to report that my oil pressure sending unit also needs to be replaced, it is no longer sending pressure readings to the dashboard. I have read that this is a very popular problem with many Chevrolet vehicle.

- Junction City, KS, USA

Aug 152009

Tahoe

My dash keeps cracking around the passenger airbag. These cracks may cause pieces of the dash to become flying projectiles in the event of an accident where the passenger or side impact airbag deploys. This has been a problem for me since 2009. GM is refusing to rectify the problem.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jun 012014

Tahoe

Dash cracked in three different spots

- Cumming, GA, USA

Mar 012015

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked badly around instrument cluster and passanger side airbag door on top of dash. My car has had 2 different dashboard and they have both cracked in the exact sme spots. Both dashboards cracked overnight will sitting in my driveway in the san francisco bay area.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 012011

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the dashboard fractured on both the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that there was an issue with the dashboard in the vehicle's year, make, and model; however, there was no recall to address the failure and the dashboard would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- New Pekin, IN, USA

Jun 012014

Tahoe

Multiple cracks in the dashboard

- Cave Creek, AZ, USA

Mar 012016

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracking apart on both driver and passenger side. Parts of plastic are falling behind/under the dash down where the airbags are. I believe this is a safety concern as deploying airbags will most definitely cause parts of the dash to propel through the cab causing possible injury, or be punctured themselves upon deployment and prove useless. My Tahoe is impeccably maintained and otherwise looks mostly new on the interior. Very disturbed upon searching the internet to see how widespread the problem is and no fix/recall offered by GM. Dealer quoted repair in excess of $1,000 to correct this very apparent manufacturer's defect. Was not in motion when first observed. Worsens over time just sitting still.

- Kirkwood, MO, USA

Feb 132013

Cracked dash.

- Humble, TX, USA

May 022013

Tahoe 8-cyl

My Tahoe has many cracks in the dashboard that is showing electrical components. The cracks been there for a while and I take really good car of my car. I am afraid if the airbag deploys flying objects could injure me more. I just noticed that it's a common problem for Chevy Tahoe. Please help us Tahoe owners. Thank you!

- Allen, TX, USA

Apr 282016

Tahoe

2007 Chevy Tahoe, dash has cracked in two places. One crack is in the left corner at the airbag (complete crack top to bottom). The second is at the left side over the steering wheel (within 1 inch being completely cracked from top to bottom). This is a defect in the materials not any incident that caused this to crack. There are hundreds of complaints and all dash cracks are basically in the same area. Very much a safety hazard especially if a crash occurred. Possibly could cause shattering of the dash pieces and cause injuries or possibly interfere with airbag deployment.

- Tobaccoville, NC, USA

Mar 242016

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked in three locations. 1st and 2nd: Over passenger side airbag from upper corners of the airbag to the air-vent panel 3rd: Approximately 8 inches along the top of the driver instrument panel to the air-vent panel. Additional separation between panels is created during temperature changes or running the heater in cold weather. Have had two dealerships tell me it is a normal, known, and reoccurring problem with the body-style but offered to replace it for over $1,000.

- Lansing, KS, USA

Nov 162015

Tahoe

Cracked dash, potent hazard of plastic dash pieces becoming airborne shrapnel in the event of crash with air bags deploy. 2007 Tahoe dash had small 6 inch crack at the 2 O clock position on drivers side instrument cluster and small 1 inch crack on right side of passenger side airbag. After 25 mph head on crash air bags didn't deploy but additional cracks have appeared. Now 10 X worst. Pics will show. Dealer doesn't want to replace nor insurance company.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Jan 182016

Tahoe

Dash board is cracked in 5 places. Dash broke in half and bounces around while driving. The broken pieces are falling down into the electrical system.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe

The dashboard has cracked on the passenger side above the airbag. I noticed this defect approximately 2 years ago. I keep it in the garage most of the time, out of the sun.

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Jul 152015

Tahoe

My dash has cracked in 4 places. They continue to get worse over time. It is clear the cracks occurred in narrow, weak areas. 2 cracks in front of the instrument cluster and 2 cracks in the 1" area in front of the passenger airbag. With the dash fracturing around the airbag, I'm concerned about what might happen if the airbag were to deploy.

- Russellville, AR, USA

Nov 022009

Tahoe

My 2007 Chevy Tahoe developed cracks in the dashboard within the first 2 years I owned it. They started around 30,000 miles. I contacted the dealer at the time but was told that it wasn't covered under warranty since it was cosmetic damage. The cracks are much worse now and are on both the left and right sides including areas near the passenger airbag. I have never used cleaning products such as armor all and the vehicle has never been in an accident. Cracks near the passenger could cause pieces of sharp plastic to break off and strike the passenger as a result of a collision.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Oct 102015

Tahoe

My 2007 Tahoe has a nice dashboard cover over it. Upon removal one day, I noticed that the dash was severely cracked. Large, sharp, and jagged pieces completely broke off. After research I found that this is due to a defect in the dashboard. Since the dashboard has never experienced an impact, it must be due to the heat like in the many other cases. However, I live in southern California on the coast so it is not particularly hot here. In the event of an accident these sharp pieces could severely injure a person or event puncture an air bag. In the course of regular use a person could be badly injured by these sharp pieces or the jagged sharp edges of the holes in the dashboard. I have contacted GM/Chevy and they said that as of now there was nothing they could do to help me with the $1,000 repair, but they will look into it. Also, if they do help me they said it would be considered "goodwill" and in deciding whether to help me they will consider my loyalty and asked if I get my car regularly serviced at their dealerships. I cannot afford to pay the repair cost and I am afraid if I get in any accident that causes the airbags to deploy that the dashboard will further shatter into sharp pieces and puncture the airbags and/or injure my children and I. I also fear someone reaching up on the dash and injuring themselves. I have several GM cars with major defects that could be safety issues costing thousands to repair. GM's denial of these potential safety hazards is just an attempt to avoid financial responsibility. GM's negligence in dealing with safety hazards has cost loyal customers their lives recently. It is very disappointing.

- Ventura, CA, USA

Sep 172015

Tahoe 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the dashboard was fractured on the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000. Updated 11/18/15 the consumer stated according to internet research updated 1/12/2013

- San Pedro , CA, USA

Sep 042015

Tahoe

While cleaning the dashboard I heard a loud noise and noticed it had cracked in two places. One over the drivers side "hump" and the other at the air bag. It now has three cracks.

- Dickson, TN, USA

Sep 012015

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact observed that the dashboard had two fractures: One on the driver side and the other on the passenger side near the air bag. The contact also stated that the door handles on the front driver and passenger doors and the rear driver side door were extremely sharp. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was confirmed that the dashboard was fractured and the door handles were defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 139,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Andalusia, AL, USA