2007 Chevrolet Tahoe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jan 112012

Tahoe

I have an 07 Tahoe and have read from other people that this is happening to alot of others as well. I had my truck inspected at the Chevy dealer in lake elsinore. They said it could be a number of things and thought that cleaning my intake system would fix the problem. It was fine for one day then out of nowhere driving on the freeway my stability trac light comes on and the check engine light and says reduced engine power. I had my wife and kids in the truck and find it funny that I guess this has happened to others with different vehicles but the same year GMC Yukon. I had the same problem as one and they were near semi trucks. This is not good even worse when you are no longer under the warranty and the dealer can't tell you exactly what it is but wants to try everything. That is wrong. This is dangerous to have happen and even worse when the dealer wants to say they are not exactly sure but find out from reading about others vehicles like mine with the same problem and no help.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Nov 012009

Tahoe

The gas gauge has stopped working properly. It no longer registers the amount of fuel in the car.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jan 132011

Tahoe 8-cyl

I own a 2007 Chevy Tahoe I've been having problems with the stabilitrak control traction control and the fuel sender for about a couple of wks warranty that I purchased for my car don't want to cover for this!!!!!!!!!! lights keep turning on loud noise from engine car not running well at all!!!!!

- Delano, CA, USA

Mar 232010

Tahoe

Door handles (interior) chrome plating is peeling back and cutting fingers when you pull on them.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Feb 012009

Tahoe

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe shows check engine light and gas gauge goes crazy, bouncing from empty to full and sometimes landing on a random reading. When gas gauge is not functioning properly, vehicle shows low fuel, even after filling up the truck. Sometimes after filling up, the problem "resolves" itself - but other times, the gauge is still unreliable. This is a well-known problem for these vehicles and can be a safety issues should one run out of gas in busy traffic or in an unsafe area.

- Nesbit, MS, USA

Aug 152008

Tahoe

The gas gauge in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe has drastic fluctuations and mis-readings. I can get in the truck, start it and the gauge may read 1/4-1/2 full and the estimated gas range may say 130 miles. I can then turn the truck off, restart it, and the reading sometimes goes down to empty and I'll get a "low fuel" warning. This seems to happen very regularly, but most often when the tank is around 1/4 full (or supposed to be 1/4 full). This creates situations on the highway where I think I've got plenty of time and mileage before having to find a gas station. If I stop at a rest stop and resume travel, my reading may suddenly go to low fuel or very low fuel status, in the middle of no-where. My son in law has a similar vehicle (2007, Cadillac escalade) built on the same chassis and experiences the same issue, so I'm wondering if there is a product defect at hand. Please help.

- Potomac Falls, VA, USA

Feb 072008

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Have had my 2007 Chevy Tahoe seen by the dealer 5X for a repeat check engine light, since 9/15/07 (purchase date). 1st time they told me it was a loose gas cap. 2nd time - evap leak, replace evap vent selenoid, 3rd - repeat evap leak - loose connection at canister, 4th time - repeat evap leak, replace with "Chevy new design vent valve", 5th time - repeat evap leak - replaced gas cap.

- Severn, MD, USA

Nov 082007

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. While parked in the garage, the vehicle suddenly caught fire. The fire department investigated and stated that the fire originated from underneath the hood. They also advised her to not move the vehicle until it has been inspected by the dealer. A police report was filed and two people sustained injuries. She believes the fuel pump caused the failure because the explosion was very large. The VIN, engine size, and number of cylinders were unknown. The current and failure mileages were 11,700.

- Singer, TX, USA