2007 Chevrolet Tahoe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Aug 152008

Tahoe

The gas gauge in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe has drastic fluctuations and mis-readings. I can get in the truck, start it and the gauge may read 1/4-1/2 full and the estimated gas range may say 130 miles. I can then turn the truck off, restart it, and the reading sometimes goes down to empty and I'll get a "low fuel" warning. This seems to happen very regularly, but most often when the tank is around 1/4 full (or supposed to be 1/4 full). This creates situations on the highway where I think I've got plenty of time and mileage before having to find a gas station. If I stop at a rest stop and resume travel, my reading may suddenly go to low fuel or very low fuel status, in the middle of no-where. My son in law has a similar vehicle (2007, Cadillac escalade) built on the same chassis and experiences the same issue, so I'm wondering if there is a product defect at hand. Please help.

- Potomac Falls, VA, USA

Feb 072008

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Have had my 2007 Chevy Tahoe seen by the dealer 5X for a repeat check engine light, since 9/15/07 (purchase date). 1st time they told me it was a loose gas cap. 2nd time - evap leak, replace evap vent selenoid, 3rd - repeat evap leak - loose connection at canister, 4th time - repeat evap leak, replace with "Chevy new design vent valve", 5th time - repeat evap leak - replaced gas cap.

- Severn, MD, USA

Nov 082007

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. While parked in the garage, the vehicle suddenly caught fire. The fire department investigated and stated that the fire originated from underneath the hood. They also advised her to not move the vehicle until it has been inspected by the dealer. A police report was filed and two people sustained injuries. She believes the fuel pump caused the failure because the explosion was very large. The VIN, engine size, and number of cylinders were unknown. The current and failure mileages were 11,700.

- Singer, TX, USA