2007 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Aug 312016

Tahoe

I have a defective dashboard crack that began over driver instrument panel and extends across dash to and around the passenger airbag that is also defective. I am worried about safety as the defective airbag is now compromised even more by the cracked dashboard that is surrounding it. I am still waiting for airbag recall parts for airbag. It began in late summer and has continued to spread over time and now just cracked around the airbag. I feel our safety is compromised with a crack around an unstable, recalled airbag and I called GM customer service reference number 8-2670033882 to report this.

- Rincon, GA, USA

May 112010

Tahoe

I have a cracking front dash, I have several cracks, on the right side above the front passenger side air bag area, and a larger crack on the left side of the instrument cluster, that coach is about 9"

- Hayward, CA, USA

Oct 082016

Tahoe

The dashboard of my 2007 Chevy Tahoe is cracked. The crack runs from the hump over the steering column and

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 282010

Tahoe

2 complaints 1 is dealership refused to honor a recall we never recived on chrome interior door handles. Secondly the front dash started cracking shortly after warranty expired now it is cracked in several places especially around the passenger side air bag. Impo that if the air bag on the passenger side did go off. Shrapnel from the plastic dash would be dangerous GM has had several complaints and no one has addressed this

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Jan 042016

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard adjacent to passenger side airbag.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 282016

Tahoe

Cracks in dash board near passenger air bag and driver side steering wheel.

- Longview, WA, USA

Dec 212013

Tahoe

Cracked dash - dash is cracked is several areas especially around the passanger air bag that when deployed could become a hazard to people in the car.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Tahoe

Dash board has cracked over the instrument panel. It started after a warm day and the A/C was turned on. Vehicle was stationary when I heard the crack. It had been parked in a parking lot. The crack has gradually extended toward the arch over the instruments.

- Byron, IL, USA

Oct 292016

Tahoe

I own a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Before the vehicle was out of warranty, I had to replace the dashboard due to cracking. The dashboard is cracked and broken again - all over. The vent has broken and fallen in, there are cracks around the airbag and there are complete holes where pieces have broken and fallen into the dash. I love my car and this is the only issue I have with it. I just called the dealer to replace the dashboard and was quoted $1,300 which I can not afford. According to the internet this is a very common problem with this year, make and model vehicle, Chevrolet needs to take responsibility and fix this issue.

- Okeechobee, FL, USA

Jan 012012

Tahoe

Takata inflators I live in the northeast region and I believe my car is affected by the deflation of the airbags. Also I have an electrical issue where some of the speakers would work and then have a short and now the vehicle outlets in the front has stopped working. While driving I noticed the speakers would work and then short and come back on. Not all the front speakers are not putting out any sound and the outlets stopped working. Lastly the dash has been cracking. The crack starts from the driveside and ends in the center of the front dash. I happen to get in the car and notice a crack in the dash that gradually started to get bigger.

- Lake Ridge, VA, USA

Jan 022016

Tahoe

Dash is cracked around passenger side air bag where air bag cover is. Potential for part of the dash coming off when air bad is deployed.

- Ashland, KY, USA

May 092015

Tahoe

I am very disappointed in GM for not taking the measure to fix the cracked dashboard! not only is my air bag recalled and says it can cause serious injury my dash is cracked as well right next to a potential deadly air bag. I believe this issue needs to be fixed by GM immediately, I can guarantee if it were their family's vehicle it would be fixed!

- Guntown, MS, USA

Oct 032016

Tahoe

Dashboard cracked in two places - above left side of passenger airbag and to left of steering wheel. I do no know the exact moment the cracks appeared. I know they were not present two months ago when I last cleaned the interior of my car. This car is kept in a garage or parked in the shade whenever it isn't on the road. I also use a sun screen when parked in open parking lots for brief periods. This did not occur because of uv degradation. If I have an accident I am concerned that the plastic will shatter, being one more thing to cause injury. I have attached a picture of the crack above my steering wheel. The dash is actually gray though it appears green.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 112016

Tahoe

I have two cracks, one located on the driver side dashboard and one on the passenger side above the airbag. Nothing has been done to produce such problem. I have also had to replace my heater core input valve. I have read that this has to do with the fact that the vehicle uses dex-cool. I am unsure of what to do with the fact that dex-cool has been found to eat away at hoses, O-rings, gaskets, and other parts of which dex-cool comes into contact with. I would also like to report that my oil pressure sending unit also needs to be replaced, it is no longer sending pressure readings to the dashboard. I have read that this is a very popular problem with many Chevrolet vehicle.

- Junction City, KS, USA

Sep 012016

Tahoe

Cracks are beginning to form on the top of the dashboard - one above the speedometer, the other above the passenger side airbag.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Oct 102016

Tahoe

The dashboard is cracked. It started with a small crack and now it's from on end to the other.

- Wilmington, CA, USA

Aug 022016

Tahoe

The dashboard has randomly and severely cracked in two different places over the last several years. The most recent just a few weeks ago.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Oct 102016

Tahoe

It was discovered that the dash was cracked in two spots while cleaning the vehicle. One of the cracks is located near the passenger side airbag while the other larger crack is in front of the driver. Nothing was done to cause the crack. My wife and I do not use armor all on the dash, we have not placed anything heavy on the dash, we do not place feet on the dash, we have not had any accidents that would cause the dash to crack. Our concern is pieces of the dash breaking off during a collision causing injury with air bag deployment. Another cause for concern is the cracking getting worse causing holes in the dash, exposing the electronic components under the dash.

- Oakley, CA, USA

Oct 142015

Tahoe

My dashboard cracks around the passenger side airbag. I have had 2 dashboards replaced already.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Sep 302016

Tahoe

Vehicle has significant and extensive cracking of the front dashboard, especially over the instrument console, due to an engineering design flaw in the 2007-2013 models. In the event of an accident, the dashboard will crack and splinter, causing potentially dangerous plastic shards to be directed at the occupants of the vehicle at time of impact, or possibly rupturing deployed airbags, rendering them useless.

- Austin, TX, USA