2007 Chevrolet Tahoe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Jul 162016

Tahoe

Takata recall - desde el 7 de julio del 2016 he estado tratando de solucionar el problema, para la bolsa de aire de pasajero. Cada vez que voy al dealer de miami lakes, ubicado en el palmetto Y la 57 avenida, me dicen que tengo que volver porque la parte no estÁ disponible. He estado en varias ocasiones Y estoy preocupado porque yo monto niÑos en el auto. Y necesito saber cuando me pueden resolver el recall.

- Opa Locka, FL, USA

Dec 132016

Tahoe

Takata recall: Manufacturer says "remedy not yet available." What are we supposed to do until it is? should a Lexus dealer provide us with another vehicle until the air bag(s) are replaced?

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Tahoe

"takata recall" I was notified in July 2016 by GM that my vehicle is on a recall list for defective takata air bags. GM has had sufficient time to provide available parts to remedy my vehicle. However, my GM dealer says the parts are still not available. I live in Alabama, a hot-weather state with very high humidity and need the air bags in my vehicle replaced as soon as possible.

- Hueytown, AL, USA

Tahoe

"takata recall" GM recall 49152 notice was rec'd in July 2016 and nothing has happened. I haven't been contacted by the manufacturer of the vehicle or the defective product. This is ridiculous. The NHTSA campaign id number for this recall is 16V383

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Dec 282016

Tahoe

Cracks in dash board near passenger air bag and driver side steering wheel.

- Longview, WA, USA

Dec 282016

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Marianna, FL, USA

Jun 302006

Tahoe

"takata recall" - I was notified that the air bags for my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe were under recall. It is my understanding that the replacement of the defective airbags has now been prioritized by vehicle age and region. My Tahoe has always resided in hot, humid South Texas. I purchased this truck in June 2006 - so it has been in service over 10 years. I would think this would quality for priority scheduling for the replacement airbags. I would appreciate some help in getting my airbags changed out asap. Please advise.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 012016

Tahoe

Takata recall the airbag sensor is on which means they could deploy while driving crack in dashboard.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 012012

Tahoe

Takata inflators I live in the northeast region and I believe my car is affected by the deflation of the airbags. Also I have an electrical issue where some of the speakers would work and then have a short and now the vehicle outlets in the front has stopped working. While driving I noticed the speakers would work and then short and come back on. Not all the front speakers are not putting out any sound and the outlets stopped working. Lastly the dash has been cracking. The crack starts from the driveside and ends in the center of the front dash. I happen to get in the car and notice a crack in the dash that gradually started to get bigger.

- Lake Ridge, VA, USA

Nov 202016

Tahoe

My truck is consuming lots of oil and gas. Took it for an oil change and they say it was no oil in it after putting in two quarts in two days ago. My truck was saying I had oil but I didnt by the stick. My stabilitrack and traction control light is on and it is running rough. The computer is reading a misfire in cylinder one. Got everything checked and I was told it is something inside the engine. I reafmd about alot of complaints on the same thing thats wrong with my truck. Their needs to be a recall on these engines with the amount of oil it consumes and damagjng the engine...please tell me can you all help!!

- Andrews, SC, USA

Dec 022016

Tahoe

Takata recall my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe is on recall list for passenger airbag. I purchased the vehicle new from cavender Chevrolet in boerne, tx. I have called the dealer twice regarding a replacement airbag. They say there is nothing they can do.

- Boerne, TX, USA

Jul 052016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Marianna, FL, USA

May 272016

Tahoe

"takata recall" tired of waiting on GM to handle this recall. I get the idea GM is not planning on addressing this recall. I would like to voice my complaint.

- Chelsea, AL, USA

Jul 102016

Tahoe

Takata recall: Received letter from GM in July 2016 on front passenger airbag defective. As of today(11-14-16) still has not been repaired. Contacted GM dealer in albemarle, nc with no answers. Filed a complaint with GM in August 2016 due to this problem. GM has not responded. This is a major problem because my wife or I could be injured or become fatality. We need this fixed immediately. There must be remedy and takata and GM are accountable. I guess more people must die on the highway before things change.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Oakboro, NC, USA

Aug 102016

Tahoe

Takata recall-----I received a letter almost 3 months ago that there was a recall out on the airbags in my Tahoe. I took the Tahoe to the Chevy dealer where I purchased the vehicle and they told me that I have to wait for a 2nd letter having to do with the parts coming in"?? I have not gotten that 2nd letter? I have been back 2 times since and get the same response from the dealer service department.. I have to wait for the 2nd letter about the parts being available to fix the vehicle. Am I going to have to wait until something catastrophic happens"

- Northfield, OH, USA

Nov 092016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Tahoe

July 2016 recall letter sent. No further action has been taken. Called today and was advised no solution to problem. Car is being driven.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 182016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Jul 112016

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags). The dealer indicated that they were uncertain as to when the manufacturer would supply the remedy and parts to receive the repair. The manufacturer was contacted months ago and provided a reference number, but did not know when the parts would be available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/11/2017

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jun 012016

Tahoe 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 12/21/16

- Oakboro, NC, USA