2008 Chevrolet Tahoe drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Oct 302013

The truck was having dry start ups winter or summer..could hear the lifters tapping really hard until oil hits it, ,lifters collasped on right side now the left is doing the same and warranty wont fix..also the leveling pump keeps going out and this it rhe second one in two years that had to be replaced..also the driver mirror will not role in so when I park noone wont hit it..also dash is craxk over the passenger side and driver side air bags..also the transmission is slipping into second gear and it rumbles inside when it drops to 4 cylinder..

- Columbia, SC, USA

Apr 052015

I purchased this car with 69K on the dash by the time I got to 80K I started having problems with misfires upon further inspection I found out my engine lifters went out while driving on the highway in the vehicle went into limp mode. I called GM they offered no repair assistance and aknowledged this was a common problem. However they havent released a recall to help or reimburse the many people that have had this problem.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 222015

I have had my 2008 Chevy Tahoe to the dealers 4 times due to stabilatrack light comes on, then my windows continue to click brake lights quit working windows won't roll up or down and sometimes the vehicle will not start. On the third time they said it was the mega fuse and replaced it. Everything seemed fixed. I parked the car in the garage and pulled it out approximately 7 months later to get to my shelves and when I went to pull it back in the same situation happened again. I have not taken back to the dealer yet due to the extreme costs that I have continued to pay the previous time for it not to be fixed.. it effects the complete electrical system to the vehicle.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 202012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Heard a ticking sound coming from engine, sounded like an exhaust leak. Took in for inspection was advised that there was a broken bolt on exhaust manifold in the rear. Was advised it was not covered under warranty or extended warranty as it fell under "exhaust" and "fastener" components that are not covered. After searching the internet, I have found that this is a very common issue. This is a fire hazard and will cause me to fail emissions when I am due, which also violates the epa laws. I live in Arizona where we do not have weather conditions that lead to rust issues. How can this be possible with such a large problem??

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Dec 142011

Tahoe 8-cyl

While the vehicle is in motion, the door locks begin to cycle (up and down), the clock resets itself to twelve, static runs through the radio, the console lights (lighting, engine ck, stability control) flicker on and off and the transmission downshifts at will. The effect on the transmission is of particular concern because at highway speeds the vehicle abruptly slows down causing a potential hazard for the driver, its occupants, and others. Once the vehicle ignition is turned off, all power inside, dome lights, radio, etc turn off and the vehicle will not restart until the battery cable is moved back and forth and a connection is reestablished. This is the second time I have taken the vehicle to the dealer and they have been unable to replicate the malfunction.

- Miami, FL, USA