7.9

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Sep 042011

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

The passenger side factory installed trailer wiring harness is defective because it is pushed in under and to the rear of the spare tire. Accident - coming onto highway 152 with a trailer, which is a left lane entry onto a two lane headed East. Everything inside was working; passenger side signal was indicating properly, but unknown to me the signal was not working on the trailer. As I moved over to the outside lane to give faster vehicles room to pass in the fast lane (left) the car behind me did not see my signal (because it was not working on the trailer, but was on the Tahoe) and had to slam on his breaks and skidded darn near into me. This is really dangerous and is a flaw in the manner in which the wiring harness is squeezed into the tiny space at the rear of the spare tire. I traced all the wiring and it is in the harness since I could not get a current flow reading from the connector/tit that is for the passenger side signal and stop lights. Yes, I did check the fuse and it is fully functional. I fully expect to hear from you since I cannot find a satisfactory place to call Chevrolet; all they want to do is sell you another vehicle. Thanks.

- Fresno, CA, USA