2010 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Feb 012014

This has happened numerous times in the past year and a half. When accelerating after a stop or slowing down, there is a "pause" in acceleration. I hit the gas and the vehicle slows down significantly before it jerks forward at an accelerated speed. For example, when I'm making a left turn and hit the gas it will slow down and then shoot forward really quickly. Sometimes the forward jerk is so powerful it will make the tires squall as if I'm purposefully trying to "burn out." This happens when I stop at light or stop sign, when I'm reversing out of a drive way, as I make left turns and there's a speeding vehicle coming at me and the Tahoe decides to decelerate in the middle of the road...driving conditions don't matter, whether on a highway or city street, doesn't matter. It happens all. The. Time. I'm afraid it will just stall while I'm making a turn and I'll be T-boned by an 18 wheeler! I'm afraid to go anywhere with my kids in the vehicle!

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Aug 012013

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed and the engine reduce power warning indicator illuminated. The independent mechanic cleaned the throttle, but the failure recurred. The mechanic was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Red Boiling Springs, TN, USA

Jan 122013

Tahoe 8-cyl

Engine light, alb, and service traction control light came on the dash, message loosing engine power as well, driving conditions were very dangerous, truck kept jerky as I was driving it, could only go up to max of 15 mph, the truck is not safe to drive.

- Fountain, CO, USA