3.1

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jun 012015

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked in front of the driver. Hard plastic knife like structure are exposed to passengers. Also cracked on the passenger side airbag area. Chevrolet states it is cosmetic. This is potentially a hazard for the occupants.

- Wetumpka, AL, USA

Oct 152016

Tahoe

Cracked dash - the dash on the car has cracks in multiple areas near air bag and over the odomoter. Very common issue on this car. Chevy even improved this piece for future cars but wont acknowledge this was a defect to begin with.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Jan 302016

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard on driver side. Unsure if related to takata inflators.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 182016

Tahoe

Takata recall - my dash is cracked from drivers column to the passenger airbag. Other cracks in the surface are starting to form...I hope my family is never in a crash it bothers me to think the dashboard will crumble, break apart and could cause other injuries.

- Goshen, AL, USA

Jul 122016

Tahoe

Takata recall. Suspected defective takata airbag and I have a cracked dashboard which has been reported by thousands of GM customers

- Canton, MS, USA

Sep 052016

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard: Large crack on driver side and small crack on passenger side.

- Hercules, CA, USA

Oct 072016

Tahoe

The dash is cracking around the air bags

- Lexington, KY, USA

Sep 212016

Tahoe

Purchased a used 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe with 56,000 miles and it has a cracked dashboard above the speedometer cluster. Spoke with the Chevrolet dealer where I purchased the vehicle and they stated Chevrolet will not replace the defective dashboard.

- Adamstown, MD, USA

Oct 102016

Tahoe

Purchased vehicle used in November 2015. There was a crack in the dashboard adjacent to the passenger side airbag. It currently has not gotten worse. In the last two days a new larger crack seems to be progressing on the hump of dash above the steering wheel. After researching it seems this is a consistent issue with this model for years 2007-2011. My coworker has a 2007 and has suffered with same problems. Another coworker who owns a Toyota received official information telling her that there are issues relating to cracking dashboards and if it is near the airbag the airbag can spontaneously deploy and not to let people sit in the front seat. If this is the same for the Tahoe I am deeply concerned for my safety and others who ride with me. Especially since this vehicle is apart of airbag recall and is waiting to be fixed. The crack was noticed while the vehicle was stationary. Earlier in the week while driving to work I heard a cracking sound but did not see anything obvious at the time.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Sep 252016

Tahoe

The dashboard is cracking on my 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe and I see there are many other people with the same issue.

- Brewster, NY, USA

Oct 032016

Tahoe

Vehicle never been in accident only has 39,000 miles and has 3 cracks spidering off one another on driver side dash board

- Moline, IL, USA

Sep 292016

Tahoe

2011 Tahoe dashboard is cracked, by passenger side airbag, potentially causing a dangerous condition.

- Rivervale, NJ, USA

Sep 172016

Tahoe

Vehicle has a cracked dash next to the pass anger side air bag

- Manassas, VA, USA

May 252015

Tahoe

Vehicle was stationary. Dashboard cracked in two spots over time. Vehicle has not been in an accident. First crack was noted over the instrument panel of the vehicle's gauges that are used to determine speed, rpms, etc. Second was noted adjacent to the front passenger airbag. If the vehicle were in an accident, the cracked dashboard could puncture the airbag rendering the airbag unusable and allowing for more bodily harm and possibly fatality. Also, if the vehicle were in an accident and the airbags did deploy without being punctured, the cracked dashboard could then become shrapnel causing more bodily harm and possibly fatality to anyone that is a passenger in the vehicle. I urge the NHTSA to look into this matter and research it heavily. Chevrolet and GM are aware that this is a common issue with many of their vehicles of the '07-'11 models, yet refuse to take any corrective action. I obtained a repair estimate from a certified Chevrolet dealership for $761.63.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Mar 152016

Tahoe

I have a crack in my dash that is near the top left hand corner of my airbag panel. Also, there is another crack that goes over the top of my instrument panel. The cracks appeared out of nowhere. The vehicle was not involved in any kind of wreck. The cracks were pointed out to me when I took the vehicle in for an oil change appx. Six months ago. I am trying to trade in my vehicle and I am getting $1,000 hit on the trade-in amount offered. The more I investigate it seems this is a common problem. Why has there not been a recall"??????????????"

- Conroe, TX, USA

Sep 102014

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked on both sides driver and passenger and General Motors refuses to pay for it!! this should require a recall and the NHTSA has done absolutely nothing this could be life threatening!I

- Katy, TX, USA

Nov 092015

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked on both sides driver and passenger and General Motors refuses to pay for it!! this should require a recall and the NHTSA has done absolutely nothing this could be life threatening!!!! I guess you guys aren't doing your jobs that the american citizens are paying for!!

- Charlotte, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Cracked dash

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jan 022015

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard. Airbag deployment may cause deadly plastic debris flying about.

- Windermere, FL, USA

Aug 092016

Tahoe

Cracking of dash at airbag

- Peoria, AZ, USA