9.4

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 132010

Tahoe

As I was driving down interstate 85 in my hometown of thomasville North Carolina in my 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe which had exactly 1,320 miles on it, on 12/13/10 at approximately 1:00 pm, my passenger side front tire blew out. I was traveling at roughly 60-65 mph and the speed limit was 70 mph. I was cruising along, paying attention to the road as I always do being mindful of other drivers and my surroundings when I heard a loud pop or bang which I would consider similar to a rifle or shotgun blast. Immediately after hearing this loud noise, I slowed my speed trying to find out what caused the loud noise. About that time my tire pressure monitoring system on the instrument panel came on and began to chime and light up signaling that my right front tire pressure was low. I slowed down even more and began to feel the vehicle pull and drag and felt the front right of the vehicle beginning to drop. I made it safely to the side of the road on an off ramp. I got out to inspect what had happened and what I saw was a tire that was completely deflated and was smoking. I then got back in the vehicle and called onstar and notified them what had happened and they then called for roadside assistance to come and change my tire which they did in a timely fashion.

- Thomasville, NC, USA