2016 Chevrolet Tahoe drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2016 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jul 062016

On 3 separate occasions, the 2016 Tahoe I am driving has jumped from drive to neutral while driving down the road at speeds between 45-60 mph. On one occasion, I was fortunate to avoid a major accident while merging on the interstate. I have since turned the vehicle in. GM dealerships in baton rouge, la refuse to fix the vehicle. I have seen quite a few complaints on this same issue and hope that GM steps up to the plate before someone dies. Owners around the world need to be notified because somewhere someone may have already lost their lives in an accident and did not live to tell about why the accident occurred. The family should be getting retribution from GM. Very sad. My last GM vehicle.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Apr 162016

While driving on highway, when needing to accelerate to pass vehicle using medium to medium heavy acceleration, instead of transmission kicking down to passing gear, it hangs up into neutral and engine revs up to and pass redline before I was able to release accelerator pedal. After letting off accelerator when the engine winds down to around 3500 revs it severely engages into gear with a loud bang and jolts the entire vehicle. This has happened 3 times and is going in to dealership in 4 days. Vehicle has 4473 miles on it. Vehicle also has several other severe electrical issues but after exhaustive procedure to have GM replace or buy back vehicle they have refused. This is my fourth Tahoe and will be my last. A loyal Tahoe owner for a long time and the new one is the worse. Terrible customer service for a vehicle of over $77,000 and less than 5000 miles on it.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Mar 312016

While traveling on the pa turnpike 3/31/16 apprx.3:00 pm, I experienced total transmission failure. Only after seeing smoke emitting from the vehicle, would the heavy traffic allow me to pull to the shoulder. I put the trans into park and back into drive, allowing me to move appx 100 yards to a safer pull off. The vehicle is at the dealer and GM has been contacted case # 8-1908837872. No further contact by me to GM, or from GM to me.

- Levittown, PA, USA