2003 Chevrolet Tracker seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tracker:

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Owner Comments

Dec 192003

Tracker 4WD 4-cyl

I was driving on I-190 in the right hand lane on Dec 19, 2003. A car coming up an entrance ramp merged into my line almost hitting me. I swerved to avoid the crash but subsequently hit some black ice and was unable to recover control. I hit the concrete barrier head on. The insurance company's (progressive) claims agent figures I was going about 50 mph at impact. The impact so extreme that my Tracker shifted itself into 4WD and turned on the highbeams. Basically anything that could go forward did. The whole front of the vehicle was pushed back 6" and my liscence plate was ripped off, but yet my airbags never deployed. If it weren't for my seatbelt, I may not be here to type this. I had severe whiplash, as well as, putting my left knee through my dash board. The impact of the crash should have hit at least one, if not all, sensors. I feel this is a major problem. I will be filing a formal complaint with Chevy regarding this issue.

- Buffalo, NY, USA