2004 Chevrolet Tracker steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tracker:

2004 Chevrolet Tracker Owner Comments

Mar 262004

Tracker

I purchased a new 2004 Chevy Tracker. I had put 260 miles on it in short trips. On March 26, 2004 I was attempting to back up and turn left to leave a large parking lot in a rural area. My attempts to turn the wheels failed. While turning the sterring wheel the tires moved on an inch or so. The sterring wheel "Chevy logo" was upside down. The car was towed to the dealership and I was finally told that "four pins had fallen out of the sterring mechanism." I was livid. I had been driving all over the place with my grandchildren along and if I had been anywhere else beside this rural location we could have all been killed. I refused to leave with the car and insisted on a new one. After several hours of debate a sales manager took matters into his own hands and told me that GM would buy the car back. It took two weeks to get all of the paperwork complete but the new one is mine. I hope this was a fluke and I am glad to be alive.

- South Roxana, IL, USA