3.1

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

Dec 052015

Trailblazer EXT

I have replaced the front differential twice in 10 months. I bought new parts for it not used that were redone to get rid of the problems it had now it has gone again. This time I haven't even used the four wheel drive yet since the last repair. I have research it and I noticed a lot of people with the same problem.

- Falmouth, MA, USA

May 012015

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased a 2003 trailblazer from an individual. The front differential had a hole in it. So I purchased a differential from a scrap yard. 90 day warranty. Still had a noise. I still had a noise front differential was out again. I purchased the third differential from a different yard took it apart. Found the driver side bearing bad. It seems to be a very common problem because the driver side drivers constant. I was wondering if there is a recall. I see a lot of complaints online. Thank you there was a fire the differential grease burnt bearing went out and chard motor and surrounding area no real damage.

- Sadorus, IL, USA

Jun 092014

Trailblazer EXT 8-cyl

There is a strong odor of gasoline vapors coming from the rear of the vehicle, a crack can be seen in the neck of the fuel tank. When filling the vehicle, fuel spills out of the tank from the crack. The fuel gauge cluster in the dash doesn't work. The blower on the A/C unit doesn't work on the highest (5) level. Also, the fan clutch went out causing the car to overheat severely. The fan does not engage, causing the water pump shaft to become damaged. Also, the rear driver side window quit functioning, despite buying an expensive new regulator and replacing it. Having researched the issues, I find that I am among hundreds, possibly thousands of unsatisfied people with the same problems.

- New Iberia, LA, USA

Feb 172009

Trailblazer EXT

Stopped at a stop light the car would not go forward would go backwards had just had transmission replaced 1 year before only had 79K miles bought the car brand new both driver window motors have gone out seal to front driver door transmission replace pwr steering--rack and pinions and usually have regular check up worst car I have ever bought.

- Merrillville , IN, USA

Feb 172003

Trailblazer EXT

Lisa was taking kids to school when she noticed problems when stopping got to moms house and called shop. On way to shop front differential came apart and took steering and axle with it.

- St Joseph, MO, USA

Feb 282008

Trailblazer EXT

Where should I start" purchased 03 trailblazer in 2/08 w/only 60,000 miles. Has been in shop 3 months..lost count of costs. A/C and heat not working properly..no hot air; clutch fan replaced; transmission slipping; engine cuts off while at stop-light. Should I go on" you would think w/only 60,000 miles on it--it was just getting broken in. I have never been so disappointed in a truck before..now I am stuck with the truck and its payment...no more money to repair and can't afford to trade in.

- Kilmarnock, VA, USA