2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

Mar 292015

Trailblazer EXT

The check engine light went on and there was a strong gas odor. Gas had also previously spilled out when fuelung.

- Vly Cottage, NY, USA

Sep 262013

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

Plastic weld connecting fuel fill pipe to fuel tank has cracked.contacted GM about this issue & was informed that this vehicle had just missed the campaign to fix this problem by one month. Why is this campaign (07099) a limited tsb & not a safety recall? vehicle would not pass state emissions inspection. Technician repaired leak with epoxy that sealed long enough to prevent vapor leakage to pass emission that has failed and once again vehicle will not pass emissions. More importantly the fuel vapors emitting from vehicle make it unsafe and impossible to park in an enclosed area.this is not due to a worn part or corrosion, this is due to a faulty design that eventually will cause an explosion.worse yet GM offers no discount on this very expensive tank assembly to correct this problem.I can not think of a more dangerous condition that has been so ignored.perhaps when the fires start there will be another congressional hearing about GM's ability to respond to such a serious and possibly loss of life hazard that they refuse to assist owners in correcting.

- New Holland, PA, USA

Feb 202013

Trailblazer EXT

The vehcle has avery strong smell of gasoline inside and out and is also starting hard.

- Dimondale, MI, USA

Mar 072013

Trailblazer EXT

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer ext. On 03/07/2013 it started to leak fuel while parked in the garage, I took it to beardmore Chevrolet in bellevue, Nebraska to have it checked out. Service writer told me there have been problems with the fuel tank filler neck cracking and leaking along with the fuel pump leaking and pooling fuel on top of the tank, they informed me that GM had a service letter out that covered full replacement of tank, pump and lines at no charge for 10years or 150,000 miles, I have 81260 miles and an in service date of 03/26/03 so I was 10 days out of warranty on the repair. Dealer called GM for me and got approval to repair the trailblazer with me paying $500 of the $2200 repair. I took the deal as they could have just denied the whole claim. So people if you smell fuel of have a wet fuel tank get it to the dealer asap. GM helping with the bill is better than nothing. I was also told the new parts were all updated and I should not have the problem again.

- Bellevue, NE, USA

Feb 012013

Trailblazer EXT

Just like so many of the other people who have filed complaints. My truck to has a very strong gas smell. I have been told to replace the cap. I have been told to replace the fuel line or filter. Nothing works. It is puzzling to me that Chevrolet is aware of this problem but has not sent out a recall notice to have the problem fixed. This is a very dangerous situation in which I drive my family around and my youngest daughter likes to ride in the very back (third role seating). It is scary to think what could happen. Chevrolet needs to fix the problem or a class action lawsuit needs to be started. Simple as that.

- Suitland, MD, USA