2.1

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

Aug 122014

Trailblazer EXT 6-cyl

Starting about a few weeks ago my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer ext has reeked of unspent gasoline, and this smell consumes the entire interior and exterior of the vehicle. The vehicle also has small leak below reservoir which appears to be leaking unspent fuel. Chevy offered a "special coverage" to correct this issue (corrosion on top of fuel tank reservoir), however it only covers vehicles under 10 years of age and under 120K miles. My vehicle is under that mileage, however this repair will not be covered due to age of vehicle (mine was assembled in March). This issue is a major safety concern, as any small spark could cause this vehicle to ignite. I cannot continue to drive my vehicle, and feel this needs to be rectified before it causes catastrophic loss (either building or personal).

- Leesburg, FL, USA

May 272013

Trailblazer EXT 6-cyl

While driving on the highway there was a boom under the hood. Two minutes later the car started decreasing power and I had to pull over. Before I could get out to lift the hood, fire was shooting from under neath.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Apr 172012

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

I was wondering how come there hasn't been a recall for the Chevy Trailblazer ext for the throttle body. I see that they have recalls on other Chevy cars with the same issue. This is a very dangerous issue as when this goes you have a reduce engine light that comes on. Which I didn't know what that meant until my car wasn't going any more than 20 mph. This is very dangerous to be on the road like I was and can't speed up or better yet trying to turn when you don't have the power to do so. Also, I see that there were also alot of issues with the speedometer. Which also I had that problem has to pay too much money to get this fixed. As how they would say their are manufacture parts which definitely hurts your pockets. If they know that they have these issues they really need to rectify because both of these issues cause some serious problems on the road. I know they are wear and tear on cars / trucks but if you have too many people having the same problems I think they should do something to resolve these issues.

- Willingboro, NJ, USA