8.0

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

Jul 262013

Trailblazer EXT LS 4.2L

I have had the gas cap replaced and the filler tube replaced. After filling my gas tank and driving about 300 miles my Service Engine Light came on once again. So back to the emissions repair facility for the third time. They ran the code once again and it was still coming up as an evaporative leak in the fuel system. This time they put my Chevy Trailblazer Ext. up on the rack to further investigate the cause of my Service Engine Light coming on. This time they discover the problem! They found a crack in my gas tank where the gas tank itself connects to the filler tube. They showed me the crack and resulting staining on my gas tank from leaking gas on the outside of the gas tank. Finally after three trips to the emission repair facility and almost a $1000 the Service Engine Light no longer came on and I was able to pass Virginia State Emissions inspection.

- , Round Hill, VA, USA