8.0

1. automatic transmission cable broke (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

Aug 022013

Trailblazer EXT LS 4.2L

My family and I went into the mountains to go camping with our pop-top camper. We went to our campsite and unhooked the camper and went to the camp store to purchase some firewood. When we came out of the camp store my Chevy Trailblazer Ext would not shift into gear. My brother and sister-in-law crawled under the vehicle and discovered that the automatic transmission cable was broken and we were on top of a mountain with no stores nearby. We had to use cable ties and duct tape to hold the automatic transmission cable and arm together to get down the mountain to Advance Auto. We had to purchase and install a new automatic transmission cable.

- , Round Hill, VA, USA