5.3

2005 Chevrolet Uplander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Uplander:

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Mar 192005

Uplander 6-cyl

After only 6,500 miles all highway miles (no city driving) the brakes were grabbing. So I took it to the dealer to have them checked out and the dealer turned down all 4 rotors. I was mad, the service writer had the nerve to tell me that the reason the disks were warped was "while you were on the highway your brakes got so hot that when you pulled off on a ramp you hit the brakes and that's what warped your disks" I called GM an registered my complaint. Also when I talked to the service manager he told me that they have a lot of warped bakes on Uplanders, if the upland just sits for a month on the lot the brakes warp. Now I have 17,700 miles on my van and the brakes are warped again, but now they have to change the rotors and want me to pay for them. Looks like I will be paying for rotors and turning them down at 6 to 7000 miles and replacing them every 10,000 miles.

- Grand Island, NY, USA