6.9

$2,500.00

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Uplander transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Uplander:

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Sep 112013

Uplander

Every time I stop at a stoplight or stop sign and start to go my transmission gets really bad. Just last month it's gotten really bad now we are down to one vehicle because it's not safe to drive. That sucks because we have two kids and I need a car to take them to school and activities and my husband needs a car for work which is 40 mins away from our house.

- , Freeport, PA, USA

May 142011

Uplander OHV 3.5L V6

Chev seems to be very aware of the problem. That's probably why they stop making them :(

- , Brampton, ONT, canada

Sep 302010

Uplander LT 3.5L

THIS VAN!!! Im gettin sick of fixing the problem when It won't fix! This van has soo many problem on it, but i put the most annoying problem as my complaint (transmission slipping). Chev uplander 2005 should be on a damn recall list! I pray to God everytime i drive it that i get to my destination and back home again. Grrrr!!! so far we are trying everything, and nothing seems to be fix. I HOPE THEY RECALL THIS VAN!!! Too many problems, not just for me, but for many!

- , Elsipogtog, NB, canada

May 012010

Uplander

The transmission is notably going to fail. It makes noise similar to a Manual Transmission when accelerating. (It is also similar to power steering noise when needing fluid ~ no, the power steering has been checked and is fine) I checked the transmission fluid, it is Clean and at the Correct Level. There isn't any logical reason for transmission issues. This is just a continuation of a problem that was notable from early on. The transmission has also not shifted correctly into gear on occasion.

- , Trenton, NJ, USA

Sep 012008

Uplander

It was not completely in gear (when it should've been) and jerked (slipped) into gear. It's been an on going problem that has progressively gotten worse. This vehicle has had Major wiring issues and sensor problems. I am shocked, as I expected more from a Chevy.

- , Trenton, NJ, USA

May 012006

Uplander LS V6

When van has been driven (warmed-up) and have to accelerate quickly into traffic, the transmission jerks really hard between first and second gear along with making a huge clunking noise. There have been times I literally thought I'd dropped the tranny on the road! I've been very careful to try to keep this from happening, waiting tremendous amounts of time before pulling out into traffic. Sometimes it can't be helped.

- , Rockport, Texas, USA

Oct 272007

Uplander LS 3.5L

Transmission slips, when shifting and when driving, major issue. Dealers says it is within specs. The transmission has poor shifting qualities. My neighbor has he same Van and his is much better then mine. Chev made very little attempt to fix it right. Also, the transmission whines at low speeds.

- , Edmonton, Alberta, Canada