8.0

$1,173.00

2. replace defective manifold gasket (1 reports)
  3. replace leaking seals (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Venture cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Venture:

1999 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Jan 122010

Venture ES 3.2L

Started to over heat right after I bought it. Replaced everything I could water pump, hoses switches you name it I tried it. Nothng worked. Then one night on the way home the engine blew. Mechanic rebuilt it informing me that its a common problem with this van because of the manifold gasket... Which they knew about ( Chevy ) Wish I had! Next time I will buy a dodge!

- , Cross City, FL, USA

Sep 002009

Venture 3400 Sfi V6

The Idaho lottery bought the van new, the employee who drove it is my landlords husband.When the lottery put the van up for sale, my landlord bought it, drove it for a few years then sold it to me. Before I bought the van from my landlord,it had already been leaking coolant thru the intake manifold gasket. A bottle of stop leak was added and all was well. I didn't know there was ever a problem until I bought the van, While having it serviced, I noticed inside of the radiator cap was covered with oil, so I checked the engine oil, it was good. So I had the cooling system flushed, Not only did the stop leak wash out, but the coolant was full of oil. I had to put more stop leak in the cooling system just to get to a repair shop. A new intake manifold gasket was put on at the cost of $758.94. In less than a month the van was leaking coolant again. So back to the shop, this time the plenum gasket and 2 coolant bye pass hoses were replaced at a cost of $434.94. About 8 months have passed and now my van is over heating. All fluids are full. I was told that I need a new radiator, it's not letting coolant pass. I hope a good radiator flush will fix the over heating. I drive this van about 5 miles a day to and from work. Time to get a bike

- , Boise, ID, USA

Jan 032011

Venture LX

I'm just trying to help those with the same problem. I read a few last week with the same problem. My van finally blew so I had to have it towed to Chevy John Hall, in Daytona Beach. The Parts were, $270.00 and the labor was $633.00. tees to rear heat leaking, also found bypass o-ring leaking

- , Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

Mar 182010

Venture Sport 3.6L

My 1999 chevy van kept running hot . I spent 500 trying to find out what was wrong with it.

I had the manifold intake gasket changed because someone told me about the faulty gaskets that chevy had made for the van, I also had the thermostat changed because the heat was not working. Some days it would run and other days it would just overheat.

It ran hot on the highway and had to wait till it cooled down, I drove to an autoparts store and my husband purchased a radiator cap and it ran fine for months now it is running back hot again.

- , St Louis, MO, USA