7.0

$2,500.00

1. engine replacement required (2 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Venture engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Venture:

1999 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Dec 282014

Venture LS 3.4L V6

I can't really complain because the engine almost last through 300,000 miles.

- , Gadsden, TN, USA

Apr 192013

Venture Extended 4 Door 3.4L V6

loss of power, towed, diagnosed as lower end failure.

Owned car since new and thought engine would run forever. Transmission and radiator replaced 1,500 miles prior to engine failure. Mechanic said probably caused by antifreeze in oil from leaky intake manifold gasket, as antifreeze attacks metals and diminishes lubrication of crankshaft and rod bearings. Mechanic surprised I was not aware of documented 3.4 Chevy engine problem and it was a mistake to invest so much on Venture with a problem plagued engine. My intake manifold gasket was replaced the second time just 4,000 miles prior to engine failure. Antifreeze loss had gone on long time prior to $724 repair, as I was out of work when diagnosed. I had no idea that connsequece of postponing repair was engine failure. Need Chevrolet address where to send my sad story if anyone knows it.

Update from Apr 23, 2013: REVISED: Mechanic told me blown intake manifold gasket caused my lower end engine failure. The intake manifold gasket had been replace twice! He told me antifreeze in the oil attacks parts and ruined lubrication ability of oil. He said my ignorance of problem was unbelievable as this problem is "all over the internet." I had no idea and thought engine would last 50,000 miles longer and reach 200,000 miles. Now I feel foolish that I invested in new transmission, radiator, plugs, wires and muffler in the past six months! Will start making phone calls and writing letters to Chevrolet.

- , Westerville, OH, USA